Institution: University of Edinburgh
Start Date: Self-Paced
Want to learn how successful businesses use marketing to increase revenue, share, and profitability? then join this free online course named as Introduction to Marketing: Tools to Set Enterprises Apart. The course is developed by the University of Edinburgh. Applicants who have an open-mind and the ability to think creatively can enroll in this course. In this course, you will learn practical marketing strategies and tools that enable enterprises to stand out in a competitive marketplace. This course is Self-Paced.
- Duration: 6 weeks
- Commitment: 2-3 hours per week
- Subject: Business & Management
- Institution: University of Edinburgh
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Session: Self-Paced
- Requirement: None
- Certificate Available: Yes
Who Developed the Course
- About University: The University of Edinburgh was ranked 17th and 21st in the world by the 2014–15 and 2015-16 QS rankings. It is now ranked 19th in the world according to 2016-17 QS Rankings. Edinburgh receives approximately 50,000 applications every year, making it the fourth most popular university in the UK by volume of applicants.
- The mission of University: The University’s mission is the creation, dissemination, and curation of knowledge. As a world-leading center of academic excellence, we aim to: Enhance our position as one of the world’s leading research and teaching universities and to measure our performance against the highest international standards.
- No previous knowledge of marketing is needed. All you need is an open-mind and the ability to think creatively.
Where Could This Lead You
- Importance of the Subject in Today’s Scenario: Marketing tools are product development and promotional strategies and actions that a company uses to develop and promote its products or services. An example of marketing tools market research surveys and focus groups.
- Your Career Option: If you’re wondering what your future could look like in this area, here are some potential careers :
- Associate Market Manager
- Strategic Marketing Manager
- Email Marketing Specialist
- Sr Corporate Sales Manager
Get Extra Benefits
You can pursue a verified certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain ($49). Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn. Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution’s logo to verify your achievement and increase your job.
How to Join This Course
You should register yourself through the given link of join this free online course: https://courses.edx.org/register
- Week 1 – Role of Marketing
Marketing and value; relationships and loyalty; marketing’s role in society.
- Week 2 – Consumers and Consumption
How consumers buy; how marketers influence consumer perceptions and behavior; strategies for innovative products and services.
- Week 3 – Segmentation, Targeting, and Positioning
Criteria for segmentation; differentiation; building and co-creating successful brands.
- Week 4 – Designing Products and Services
The role of design; product design and packaging; the nature of services; service design; delivering service quality.
- Week 5 – Pricing and Channels
Price as revenue generator and value; pricing strategy and tactics; choosing the best routes to market.
- Week 6 – Communicating and Engaging
The role of marketing communications; key tools and their influence; persuasive appeals; gamification in digital marketing.
At the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- How marketing creates value
- How marketing can influence perceptions, purchasing, and loyalty
- How segmentation, targeting, and positioning can lead to more effective and profitable marketing
- How successful brands are developed and sustained
- How design, pricing, distribution, communication, people, process and physical evidence can be used to build compelling and profitable marketing strategies
- How to develop digital marketing strategies, particularly through gamification
Who Will You Learn With
- Malcolm Kirkup: Malcolm Kirkup is Professorial Director of MBA Programmes and Educational Innovation at the University of Edinburgh Business School. He received his BA (Hons), MSc and D. from Exeter, Cranfield and Lancaster Universities in the UK.
- Asanka de Silva: Business School alumnus and associate, Asanka is a marking practitioner with experience of leading change in global brands such as Coca-Cola, John West, and the Famous Grouse.
- Kristina Auxtova: Tutors an introduction to marketing course and business research methods course at the University of Edinburgh Business School. She is passionate about teaching and research that leads to social betterment, including stakeholder interpretation of shocking, offensive and controversial appeals in charity advertising.
You can refer these books:
- epic content marketing by – Joe Pulizzi
- The 1-Page Marketing Plan: Get New Customers, Make More Money and Stand Out from the Crowd by – Allan Dib
- Importance of Course: At the end, of the course, you will understand marketers use segmentation, targeting, positioning, branding, design, pricing, channels and integrated marketing communications to win against competitors, attract customers and build brand loyalty.
- Importance of Certificate: By the Certificate of Achievement you will be able to prove your success when applying for jobs or courses. You can display it on your LinkedIn or CV.
For more information about the course, you may visit the given link:Apply Now