Institution: Sciences Po
Start Date: April 16, 2018
The Sciences Po is looking for excellent applicants for its free online course named as “International migrations: a global issue”. PREREQUISITES This MOOC is an introductory course on the questions and issues related to international migration, there are no prerequisites.
The MOOC lasts 7 weeks and focuses on various themes related to migration. It makes use of various types of document, such as maps, news articles, and scientific papers. The starting date of this course is April 16, 2018.
- Duration:9 weeks
- Commitment: 7 weeks, 2 hours/week
- Subject: Social Sciences
- Institution: Sciences Po
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Session: Starts on April 16, 2018
- Requirement: None
- Certificate Available: Yes
Who Developed the Course
Sciences Po or Paris Institute of Political Studies is a highly selective French university. Founded in 1872, Sciences Po is France’s leading university in the social sciences. For over 140 years, Sciences Po has educated decision-makers in the public and private sectors.
No specific knowledge or education background is assumed for the free online course. Anyone can apply for this course.
Where Could This Lead You
After completing this course, you can apply for jobs in the given fields:
- Data Migration Senior Consultants
Get Extra Benefits
If you pay $29 USD for this course,
- You will have access to all of the features and content you need to earn a Course Certificate.
- If you complete the course successfully, your electronic Certificate will be added to your Accomplishments page – from there, you can print your Certificate or add it to your LinkedIn profile.
- Note that the Course Certificate does not represent official academic credit from the partner institution offering the course.
How to Join This Course
You can register yourself here.
- WEEK 1
Session 1: Globalization of migration
- WEEK 2
Session 2: Refugees and environmentally displaced persons
- WEEK 3
Session 3: Europe
- WEEK 4
Session 4: France and international migration flows
- WEEK 5
Session 5: Citizenship and migration
- WEEK 6
Session 6: Borders
- WEEK 7
Session 7: Right to mobility and global governance
- WEEK 8
- WEEK 9
By the end of this course you will understand:
- key issues raised by international migration
Who Will You Learn With?
- Catherine Wihtol De Wenden: Research Director at Sciences Po
- Importance of Course: At the end of this course you will improve knowledge of the subject, addressing the key issues raised by international migration, and assessing the trends of tomorrow.
- Importance of Certificate: By the Certificate of Achievement you will be able to prove your success when applying for jobs or courses. You can display it on your LinkedIn or CV.
For more information about the course, you may visit the Website.Apply Now