Institution: Harvard University
Start Date: At your own pace
The Harvard University is providing a free online course name as “Humanitarian Response to Conflict and Disaster”.This course from the Harvard Humanitarian Initiative and HarvardX seek to prepare learners to recognize and analyze emerging challenges in the humanitarian field.
In this course, you will learn the principles guiding humanitarian response to modern emergencies, and the challenges faced in the field today. The course explores the ethical and professional principles that guide humanitarian response to conflict and disaster. You can join the course at your own pace.
- Duration: 5 weeks
- Commitment: 3-4 hours per week
- Subject: Medicine & Health
- Institution: Harvard University
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Session: At your own pace
- Requirement: None
- Certificate Available: Yes
Who Developed the Course
The Harvard University is devoted to excellence in teaching, learning, and research, and to developing leaders in many disciplines who make a difference globally.
No prior programming experience is needed.
Where Could This Lead You
After successfully completing the course you can build your career in the following:
- Practice Associate – Urban Risk & Resilience
- Associate – Geospatial Lab
- Release Gate Keeper – ITIL Compliance
Get Extra Benefits
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain (₹ 6771 INR)
- Official and Verified: Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution’s logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
- Easily Shareable: Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
- Proven Motivator: Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
How to Join This Course
You should register yourself here.
At the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- Legal and historical frameworks shaping the professionalization of the humanitarian field
- An applied understanding of the principles guiding humanitarian response and the tensions that arise when operational zing these principles in modern crises
- How to recognize and adapt to major trends affecting the scope and implementation of humanitarian work
Who Will You Learn With
- Jennifer Leaning MD, SMH: Director, François-Xavier Bagnoud Center for Health and Human RightsHarvard University
- Michael VanRooyen MD, MPH: Director of the Harvard Humanitarian Initiative (HHI) at Harvard University
- Importance of Course: After completing the course you will cover the responses to crises in Goma (Zaire), Somalia, the Balkans, Afghanistan and Pakistan, participants will engage with Harvard faculty, current practitioners, and one another.
- Importance of Certificate: By the Certificate of Achievement you will be able to prove your success when applying for jobs or courses. You can display it on your LinkedIn or CV.
For more information about the course, you may visit the WebsiteApply Now