Institution: Delft University of Technology
Start Date: September 1, 2018
Do you want to start or grow your own business, go international, or avoid bankruptcy? Then this free online course named “How to Design a Successful Business Model”, offered by the Delft University of Technology is available for you.
In this business and management course, you will learn the key steps to take to design or innovate your own business model. You will learn about the trade-offs to be made, and the design issues that are critical for a viable and sustainable business model. The course will start on September 1, 2018.
- Duration: 8 weeks
- Commitment: 2 to 4 hours per week
- Subject: Business & Management
- Institution: Delft University of Technology
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Session: September 1, 2018
- Requirement: Secondary school; basic notions about business and/or practical business experience
- Certificate Available: Yes
Who Developed the Course
The Delft University of Technology is the largest and oldest technological university in the Netherlands. Our research is inspired by the desire to increase fundamental understanding, as well as by societal challenges.
Secondary school; basic notions about business and/or practical business experience.
Where Could This Lead You
After completing this course, you can apply for jobs in the given fields:
- Business Manager
Get Extra Benefits
Get a verified certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you acquire (₹7027 INR)
- Official and approved-Get a certificate with the logo of the institution and the signature of a professor to show your achievements and increase your professional prospects
- Easy to share-Add the certificate to your résumé or resume, or publish it directly on LinkedIn
- Proven motivational measure-Give yourself an additional stimulus to complete the course
How to Join This Course
You can register yourself here.
Weeks 1 & 2: Design thinking
- Why is design thinking relevant?
- How to structure BM design?
Weeks 3 & 4: Creating value for customers
- How can I create value for customers in novel ways (=customer-related tool)
Weeks 5 & 6: Drawing a simple BM
- How can I draw a BM on one single sheet to communicate it? (=BM Canvas)
Week 7 & 8: I-want-to’s
- How to select the appropriate tooling based on what I want?
Week 9 &10: Special BM patterns
- Multi-sided BMs
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
- How to design a business model in a structured way
- How to select the appropriate tools for designing or innovating a business model
- How to present your business model in a single sheet
- How to reason from your needs (“I want to’s”) to a business model solution
Who Will You Learn With?
- Harry Bouwman: Associate Professor, TU Delft
- Mark de Reuver: Associate Professor, TU Delft
- Timber Haaker: Senior Researcher, TU Delft
- Importance of Course: In this course, you will learn how to create value for your customers and grow your business by designing a successful and sustainable business model.
- Importance of Certificate: By the Certificate of Achievement you will be able to prove your success when applying for jobs or courses. You can display it on your LinkedIn or CV.
For more information about the course, you may visit the Website.Apply Now