Institution: Curtin University
Start Date: May 28, 2018
The Curtin University is inviting applicants for its free online course named as “Globalization and Sustainable Development”. This is your opportunity to be part of a global learning community actively exploring and sharing the implications of a globalisation and sustainable development nexus.
In this course, you will learn about the current state of our world and the nexus between globalisation and sustainable development. Through readings, videos, discussions and interactive learning activities you will examine and critique the potential of globalisation to drive sustainable development.
- Duration: 4 weeks
- Commitment: 2 to 3 hours per week
- Subject: Environmental Studies
- Institution: Curtin University
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Session: May 28, 2018
- Requirement: None
- Certificate Available: Yes
Who Developed the Course
The Curtin University is Western Australia’s largest and most culturally diverse university, with more than 53,000 students from over 130 countries.
No specific knowledge or education background is assumed for the free online course. Anyone can apply for this course.
Where Could This Lead You
After completing this course, you can apply for jobs in the given fields:
Get Extra Benefits
Get a verified certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you acquire (₹6754 INR)
- Official and approved-Get a certificate with the logo of the institution and the signature of a professor to show your achievements and increase your professional prospects
- Easy to share-Add the certificate to your résumé or resume, or publish it directly on LinkedIn
- Proven motivational measure-Give yourself an additional stimulus to complete the course
How to Join This Course
You can register yourself here.
- Module 1: State of the Globalised World
The environmental, social and economic state of our world and why it is important for globalisation to drive sustainable development.
- Module 2: Sustainability and Sustainable Development
The elements of the sustainability framework, the business interpretation of sustainability, and the key stakeholders of sustainable development.
- Module 3: Stakeholders and Sustainable Development Goals
The current status of the Sustainable Development Goals in a variety of countries, the contributions of key stakeholders and the concept of responsible consumption.
- Module 4: Globalisation for a Sustainable Future
Case studies illustrating sustainable development initiatives that have evolved from globalisation and which have direct relevance for the Sustainable Development Goals.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
- Describe the globalisation and sustainable development nexus
- Define the tenets of sustainable development theory and practice
- Identify various sustainable development goals and compare socio-economic and environmental progress in different parts of the world
- Apply sustainable development principles to evaluate the state of a particular community or country
- Critique the potential of globalisation for sustainable development
- Identify potential global solutions to existing/emerging socio-economic and environmental challenges
Who Will You Learn With?
Subas Dhakal: Lecturer, Curtin University
- Importance of Course: At the end of the course, you will explore and reflect on the impact of the UN Sustainable Development Goals on current and future economic, environmental and social trends.
- Importance of Certificate: By the Certificate of Achievement you will be able to prove your success when applying for jobs or courses. You can display it on your LinkedIn or CV.
For more information about the course, you may visit the Website.Apply Now