Institution: University of Pennsylvania
Start Date: May 21, 2018
The University of Pennsylvania is inviting applicants for its free online course named as “Gamification”. Gamification is the application of game elements and digital game design techniques to non-game problems, such as business and social impact challenges
This course will teach you the mechanisms of gamification, why it has such tremendous potential, and how to use it effectively. Applicants can start the course by May 21, 2018.
- Duration: 6 weeks
- Commitment: 4-8 hours/week
- Subject: Computer Science
- Institution: University of Pennsylvania
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Session: May 21, 2018
- Requirement: None
- Certificate Available: Yes
Who Developed the Course
The University of Pennsylvania (commonly referred to as Penn) is a private university, located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States.
No specific knowledge or education background is assumed for the free online course. Anyone can apply for this course.
Where Could This Lead You
After completing this course, you can apply for jobs in the given fields:
Get Extra Benefits
Get a verified certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you acquire (₹ 3244 INR)
- Official and approved-Get a certificate with the logo of the institution and the signature of a professor to show your achievements and increase your professional prospects
- Easy to share-Add the certificate to your résumé or resume, or publish it directly on LinkedIn
- Proven motivational measure-Give yourself an additional stimulus to complete the course
How to Join This Course
You can register yourself here.
- WEEK 1: Gamification and Games
Gamification is a new field, but games are ancient. In this first module, the council look at what gamification is, why organizations are applying it, and where it comes from. While there isn’t universal agreement on the scope of the field, a set of concepts are clearly representative of gamification.
- WEEK 2: Deconstructing Games
What exactly does it mean to apply game design principles in non-game contexts? In this module, the course ll discuss how game designers approach their craft, and how to see any situation through the lens of game design.
- WEEK 3: Motivation and Psychology
Gamification is a technique for motivation, so it ties very directly into psychology. This unit introduces the major psychological concepts relevant to gamification. The first lesson focuses on behavioral approaches and reward design; the second identifies the risks and alternatives to this approach.
- WEEK 4: Design
Gamification done well is a form of design. This module describes the design process, and provides a six-step framework to apply to any gamification project. The second lesson identifies important considerations and options for developing creative, human-centered, thoughtful gamification solutions.
- WEEK 5: Applications
This module describes particular challenges and opportunities when applying gamification in two contexts: within an organization, and in social impact or behavior change environments.
- WEEK 6: Gamification in Perspective
There are many legitimate limitations, concerns, and dangers from gamification. Some of them can be avoided through thoughtful design, but others must be considered directly in any implementation. The final lesson details gamification-related techniques that go beyond those covered throughout the course, and concludes with a look toward the future.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
- How to break down a game into its constituent parts
- Examine the raw materials of games and gamification
Who Will You Learn With?
Kevin Werbach: Associate Professor Legal Studies & Business Ethics
- Importance of Course: At the end of the course you will understand the mechanisms of gamification and how to use it effectively.
- Importance of Certificate: By the Certificate of Achievement you will be able to prove your success when applying for jobs or courses. You can display it on your LinkedIn or CV.
For more information about the course, you may visit the Website.Apply Now