Institution: Red Hat
Start Date: At your own pace
If you are looking for new opportunity in IT, Linux skills are in high demand then this free online course “Fundamentals of Red Hat Enterprise Linux” provided by Red Hat is for you. This course will provide you with a basic introduction to Linux skills using Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
In this course, you will learn practical techniques for using Red Hat Enterprise Linux and how to perform basic system administration tasks. You’ll find Linux running smart TVs, in-flight entertainment systems, and most of the top supercomputers in the world. The course is self-paced.
- Duration: 9 weeks
- Commitment: 1 – 3 hours per week
- Subject: IT
- Institution: Red Hat
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Session: At your own pace
- Requirement: None
- Certificate Available: Yes
Who Developed the Course
Red Hat, Inc. is an American multinational software company providing open-source software products to the enterprise community. Red Hat also offers award-winning support, training, and consulting services.
- No previous Linux administration experience is required.
- Familiarity with basic system administration concepts will be helpful for the applicants.
Where Could This Lead You
After completing this course, you can apply for jobs in the given fields:
- Linux Administrator
- Linux Server Administrator
Get Extra Benefits
Get a verified certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you acquire ($ 99 USD)
- Official and approved: Obtain a certificate with the logo of the institution and the signature of a professor to show your achievements and increase your professional prospects
- Easy to share: Add the certificate to your resume, or publish it directly on LinkedIn
- Proven motivational measure: Give yourself an additional stimulus to complete the course
How to Join This Course
You can register yourself here.
- Chapter 1: Getting Started with Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Chapter 2: Accessing the Command Line
- Chapter 3: Managing Files from the Command Line
- Chapter 4: Creating, Viewing, and Editing Text Files
- Chapter 5: Managing Local Linux Users and Groups
- Chapter 6: Controlling Access to Files with Linux File System Permissions
- Chapter 7: Monitoring and Managing Linux Processes
- Chapter 8: Installing and Updating Software Packages
- Chapter 9: Comprehensive Review
By the end of this course, you will able to…
- Access the command line.
- Manage files from the command line.
- Create, view, and edit text files.
- Manage local Linux users and groups.
- Monitor and manage Linux processes.
- Install and update software.
Who Will You Learn With?
- Ricardo da Costa: Senior Instructor at Red Hat
- Importance of Course: After completing this course, you will have a solid introduction to working with Linux & you will able to perform fundamental operational tasks, whether your Linux machine is on your desk or on a remote system across the Internet.
- Importance of Certificate: By the Certificate of Achievement you will be able to prove your success when applying for jobs or courses. You can display it on your LinkedIn or CV.
For more information about the course, you may visit the Website.