Institution: Open University
Start Date: September 17, 2018
Start managing your financial future effectively by joining this free online course entitled as “Finance Fundamentals: Investment Theory and Practice” offered by the Open University. You will look at the investment choices open to you, and the risks and returns of each
In this course, you will study investment choices and the risks and returns of each; investment strategies and your risk-return appetite. You will also understand the behaviors that can impair effective investment decisions. This course will start on September 17, 2018.
- Duration: 4 weeks
- Commitment: 3 hours per week
- Subject: Finance
- Institution: Open University
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Session: September 17, 2018
- Requirement: None
- Certificate Available: Yes
Who Developed the Course
The Open University (OU) is the largest academic institution in the UK and a world leader in flexible distance learning, with a mission to be open to people, places, methods, and ideas.
- No specific knowledge or education background is assumed for the free online course. Anyone can apply for this course.
Where Could This Lead You
After completing this course, you can apply for jobs in the given fields:
- Financial Analyst
- Finance Associate
Get Extra Benefits
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain (Upgrade – $74)
- Unlimited access to this course
- Includes any articles, videos, peer reviews and quizzes
- Tests to validate your learning
- Certificate of Achievement to prove your success when you’re eligible
How to Join This Course
- You can register yourself here.
- You can use the hashtag #FLBFinvestment to talk about this course on social media.
Following topics you will cover:
- Investment planning and decision-making
- Savings and investment products
- Investment risks
- Investment theories – diversification, portfolio theory, capital-asset pricing model
- Investment theories – efficient market hypothesis, random walk theory, chartism
- Investment in practice – methods employed by fund managers
- Historical analysis of investment returns
- Historical investment episodes and what we learn from them
- Individual human behavioral biases and investment decision-making
- Group human behavioral biases and investment decision-making
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
- Explore the different types of personal investments and the returns they offer
- Identify and to understand the key investment management theories
- Identify investment management practices
- Explore and review recent investment management stories
- Identify and to understand the impact of behavioral factors on investment decision-making
Who Will You Learn With?
- Martin Upton- Director of the True Potential Centre for the Public Understanding of Finance (PUFin) at the OU Business School
- Importance of Course: At the end of the course you will able to ensure your investments are effective and match your risk-return appetite.
- Importance of Certificate: By the Certificate of Achievement you will be able to prove your success when applying for jobs or courses. You can display it on your LinkedIn or CV.
For more information about the course, you may visit the Website.Apply Now