Institution: University of Virginia
Start Date: July 12, 2018
Applicants are invited to join a free online course named “Ethical Leadership Through Giving Voice to Values”, run by the University of Virginia. GVV is not about persuading people to be more ethical, but instead, it starts from the premise that most of us already want to act on our values
This course offers an action-oriented introduction to Giving Voice to Values (or GVV), an exciting new approach to values-driven leadership development in the workplace, in business education and in life. The starting date of the course is July 12, 2018.
- Duration: 4 weeks
- Commitment: 3-4 hours/week
- Subject: Leadership and Management
- Institution: University of Virginia
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Session: July 12, 2018
- Requirement: None
- Certificate Available: Yes
Who Developed the Course
A premier institution of higher education, The University of Virginia offers outstanding academics, world-class faculty, and an inspiring, supportive environment.
The course provides an introduction to GVV for managers and/or corporate trainers who wish to use it in their companies; for faculty who wish to introduce GVV in their teaching; and for Individual Learners and Students who, just like an ethical athlete, wish to develop their “moral muscle memory.”
Where Could This Lead You
After completing this course, you can apply for jobs in the given fields:
- Corporate trainer
Get Extra Benefits
Get a verified certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you acquire (₹5,297)
- Official and approved-Get a certificate with the logo of the institution and the signature of a professor to show your achievements and increase your professional prospects
- Easy to share-Add the certificate to your résumé or resume, or publish it directly on LinkedIn
- Proven motivational measure-Give yourself an additional stimulus to complete the course
How to Join This Course
You can register yourself here.
- WEEK 1: What is Giving Voice to Values? Why and How it Works
Welcome to week one of the course! What kinds of values conflicts have you experienced in your life? Has there been a time in your life where you have been faced with a values conflict and didn’t know how to speak up, or what to say? During this week, you’ll first be introduced to a story called The Client That Fell Through the Cracks. This story provides an example of the kind of values conflict that we all can encounter in the workplace, and how to address it by effectively acting on your values.
- WEEK 2: Recognizing and Learning From Your Success and Failures
What are some of your own individual successes and failures in effectively voicing and acting on your values? What conditions made it easier for you to speak and act, and which conditions made it more difficult? We will spend week two of the course recognizing and reflecting on your responses to these questions so that you can gain some insights into your own strengths, abilities, and personal styles that empower you to act on your values.
- WEEK 3: Developing Scripts and Action Plans
Welcome to Week 3! During this week you’ll start to build a “tool-kit” for ways to feel more confident and comfortable in voicing your values. You’ll discover how to develop scripts and action plans. First, you’ll explore the GVV pillar, Voice. This pillar helps you understand how you can examine the different ways to build your capacity for voice and the variety of forms it can take.
- WEEK 4: Addressing Challenges and Opportunities with the Gvv Approach
What are some challenges and opportunities you might face in developing values-driven leadership? How might GVV address these challenges and opportunities? This final module addresses some of these challenges and opportunities of values-driven leadership development within business and education contexts for managers, corporate users, faculty, and senior leaders.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
Develop and practice leadership skills in “peer coaching” with other learners
Who Will You Learn With?
Mary Gentile: Creator/Director, Giving Voice To Values and Professor of Practice
- Importance of Course: Through this course, you will gain greater confidence and competence invoicing and enacting your values effectively.
- Importance of Certificate: By the Certificate of Achievement you will be able to prove your success when applying for jobs or courses. You can display it on your LinkedIn or CV.
For more information about the course, you may visit the Website.Apply Now