Institution: Arizona State University
Start Date: June 11, 2018
The Arizona State University is proud to announce a free online course name as “English Composition”.This course is part of Global Freshman Academy (GFA), which means you can earn transferable ASU credit toward your college degree.
This introductory writing course will help you develop and express ideas effectively for a variety of purposes, audiences, and occasions. During the course, you will complete several major written projects, along with a reflection for each project.This course is going to start on June 11, 2018.
- Duration: 8 weeks
- Commitment: 18 hours per week
- Subject: Communication
- Institution: The Arizona State University
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Session: Starts on June 11, 2018
- Requirement: Students must be proficient in English
- Certificate Available: Yes
Who Developed the Course
Arizona State University (commonly referred to as ASU or Arizona State) is a public metropolitan research university with five campuses across the Phoenix, Arizona, metropolitan area, and four regional learning centers throughout Arizona. ASU is the largest public university by enrollment in the U.S.
Students must be proficient in English.
Where Could This Lead You
There are lots of interesting career options you can consider after completing the course:
- EnglishLanguage and Editorial Trainer
Get Extra Benefits
- Pursue Academic Credit with a Verified Certificate (if you pay a Verified Certificate for $49. Benefits of a Verified Certificate
- Eligible for Credit-Receive academic credit after successfully completing the course
- Official-Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution’s logo
- Easily Shareable-Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
How to Join This Course
You should register yourself here.
- Rhetorical Knowledge: how to craft your writing to meet the needs of specific audiences for specific purposes.
- Critical Thinking: how to make decisions about what to include and not include in your writing.
- Writing Processes: how to use the invention, research, drafting, revising, and editing in your writing.
- Knowledge of Conventions: how to use various formats and stylistic choices, including genre conventions.
- Digital Technology: how to use diverse technologies to write more effectively and efficiently.
- Habits of Mind: how to benefit from curiosity, openness, engagement, creativity, persistence, responsibility, flexibility, and reflection.
Who Will You Learn With
- Duane Roen-Vice Provost, Polytechnic Campus at Arizona State University
- Adam Pacton-Lecturer at Arizona State University
- Jamie Merriman-Pacton– Course Coordinator at Arizona State University
- Importance of Course: By the end of the course, you will improve your writing skills and able to communicate effectively.
- Importance of Certificate: By the Certificate of Achievement you will be able to prove your success when applying for jobs or courses. You can display it on your LinkedIn or CV.
For more information about the course, you may visit the Website.Apply Now