Institution: Coventry University
Start Date: Available now
Get an introduction to managing risk with this free online course named as “Emergency Management: Risk, Incidents, and Leadership”. This course is for any emergency management practitioners operating at or aiming to operate in the future at tactical or strategic level.
This online course will provide you with an introduction to the concepts, issues, processes and structures relevant to the management of risk during the emergency phase of an incident. This course is ongoing.
- Duration: 2 weeks
- Commitment: 3 hours per week
- Subject: Management
- Institution: Coventry University
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Session: Available now
- Requirement: None
- Certificate Available: Yes
Who Developed the Course
Coventry secured a gold rating in the UK government’s 2017 Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) and is the country’s top modern university in the Guardian University Guide 2018.
- This course is for any emergency management practitioners operating at or aiming to operate in the future at tactical or strategic level, in any discipline and in any country.
- It will introduce the key concepts and provide a look forward to an online MSc degree available on FutureLearn.
Where Could This Lead You
After completing this course, you can apply for jobs in the given fields:
Get Extra Benefits
Get a verified certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you acquire ($79)
- Official and approved-Get a certificate with the logo of the institution and the signature of a professor to show your achievements and increase your professional prospects
- Easy to share-Add the certificate to your résumé or resume, or publish it directly on LinkedIn
- Proven motivational measure-Give yourself an additional stimulus to complete the course
How to Join This Course
- You can register yourself here.
- You can use the hashtag #FLincident to talk about this course on social media.
The course will cover the following topics:
- Risk management and incident command systems
- The incident timeline
- Incident review and debrief processes
- Decision-making and situational awareness
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
- Explain what factors influence risk and why risk management is important to the incident manager?
- Describe various incident commands systems
- Describe leadership in the context of emergency incidents
- Evaluate the relationship between leadership and followership.
- Describe how people make decisions and how leadership and followership influence decision-making processes?
- Why emergency incidents go wrong and why good situational awareness is so important in preventing disasters.
Who Will You Learn With?
Emma Parkinson: Director for the MSc degrees in Emergency Management & Resilience
- Importance of Course: At the end of the course, you will understand the importance of managing risks during dynamic incidents.
- Importance of Certificate: By the Certificate of Achievement you will be able to prove your success when applying for jobs or courses. You can display it on your LinkedIn or CV.
For more information about the course, you may visit the Website.Apply Now