Institution: University of Texas
Start Date: Self-Paced
Build real-world embedded solutions using a bottom-up approach from simple to complex in this hands-on, lab-based free online course named as “Embedded Systems – Shape The World: Multi-Threaded Interfacing”. The course is designed by the University of Texas.
In this course, you will learn how electronic gadgets are designed, developed, and built as embedded systems that shape the world. You will develop debugging skills using oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and software instrumentation.
- Duration: 8 weeks
- Commitment: 8 to 10 hours per week
- Subject: Computer Science
- Institution: University of Texas
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Session: Self-Paced
- Requirement: High school physics course covering current, voltage, resistance, and power
- Certificate Available: Yes
Who Developed the Course
The University of Texas at Austin is the top-ranked public university in a nearly 1,000-mile radius and is ranked in the top 25 universities in the world.
- Computer programming course in any language with exposure to variables, arithmetic, logic, loops, and functions.
- High school physics course covering current, voltage, resistance, and power. We expect students to have knowledge obtained in part 1 of the course including LED/switch interfacing, I/O port programming, finite state machine, microcontroller debugging, and C programming.
Where Could This Lead You
After completing this course, you can apply for jobs in the given fields:
Get Extra Benefits
Get a verified certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you acquire (₹3310 INR)
- Official and approved-Get a certificate with the logo of the institution and the signature of a professor to show your achievements and increase your professional prospects
- Easy to share-Add the certificate to your résumé or resume, or publish it directly on LinkedIn
- Proven motivational measure-Give yourself an additional stimulus to complete the course
How to Join This Course
You can register yourself here.
- Module 1: Welcome and introduction to course and staff
- Module 11: UART – The Serial Interface, I/O Synchronization
- Lab 11. Write C functions that output decimal and fixed-point numbers to serial port
- Module 12: Interrupts
- Lab 12. Design and test a guitar tuner, producing a 440 Hz tone
- Module 13: DAC and Sound
- Lab 13. Design and test a digital piano, with 4 inputs, digital to analog conversion, and sound
- Module 14: ADC and Data Acquisition
- Lab 14. Design and test a position measurement, with analog to digital conversion and calibrated output
- Module 15: Systems Approach to Game Design
- Lab 15. Design and test a hand-held video game, which integrates all components from previous labs. Lab 15 will be graded by having students watch videos of each other’s’ games.
- Module 16: Wireless Communication and the Internet of Things
- Lab 16. Connect a CC3100 booster pack to the LaunchPad and communicate with an access point. Lab 16 will first fetch weather from the internet, and then you will send data to the class server.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
- Understanding of embedded systems using modular design and abstraction
- C programming: considering both function and style
- Build and test circuits with switches, LEDs, resistors, potentiometers, and liquid crystal displays
- Synchronizing hardware and software input/output with switches, lights, sound, sensors. motors, and liquid crystal displays
- Implement an I/O driver and multi-threaded programming using interrupts
- Debug using oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and software instrumentation
- Learn how to read a datasheet
- Construct a smart object and create a system as part of the Internet of Things
Who Will You Learn With?
- Jonathan Valvano: Professor, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, the University of Texas at Austin
- Ramesh Yerraballi: Distinguished Senior Lecturer, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, the University of Texas at Austin
- Importance of Course: At the conclusion of this course you will possess the knowledge to build your own arcade-style game from the ground up.
- Importance of Certificate: By the Certificate of Achievement you will be able to prove your success when applying for jobs or courses. You can display it on your LinkedIn or CV.
For more information about the course, you may visit the Website.Apply Now