Institution: University System of Maryland and University of Maryland University College
Start Date: October 22, 2018
The University System of Maryland and University of Maryland University College (UMUC) provides a free online course named as “DNA Sequences: Alignments and Analysis”.The course explains how to align and analyze DNA sequences using the web and software based tools to find mutations and other anomalies in genes and genomic sequences.
In this course, part of the Bioinformatics, you will learn about the theory and algorithms behind DNA alignments, practice doing alignments manually, and then perform more complicated alignments using the web and software-based approaches. The course will start on October 22, 2018.
- Duration: 8 weeks
- Commitment: 8-10 hours per week
- Subject: Biology & Life Sciences
- Institution: University System of Maryland and University of Maryland University College (UMUC)
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Session: Starts on October 22, 2018
- Requirement: Undergraduate biology
- Certificate Available: Yes
Who Developed the Course
The USM consists of three Research Universities, three Historically Black Institutions, four Traditional Comprehensive Institutions, two Regional Education Centers; one Specialized Research institution, and one “Virtual” Institution specializing in online and distance education, and a system office. USM is a recognized leader in many areas, including online learning, course redesign, and other components of academic innovation.
The course is open to undergraduate biology students.
Where Could This Lead You
After successfully completing the course you can build your career in the following:
Data and Analytics Director
Get Extra Benefits
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain ( ₹ 16806 INR)
- Official and Verified: Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution’s logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
- Easily Shareable: Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
- Proven Motivator: Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
How to Join This Course
To join for the course, you may enroll here.
- Synthesize and analyze biological big data
- Theory behind alignment algorithms and how they operate
- Examine the roles mutations play in cellular processes
Who Will You Learn With
- James Coker: Associate professor and the program chair for the Bioinformatics and Biotechnology Regulatory Affairs Specializations within the Biotechnology Master’s Program at the University of Maryland University College
- Importance of Course: At the end of the course, you will understand how to align and analyze DNA sequences using the web and software-based tools to find mutations and other anomalies in genes and genomic sequences.
- Importance of Certificate: By the Certificate of Achievement you will be able to prove your success when applying for jobs or courses. You can display it on your LinkedIn or CV.
For more information about the course, you may visit the Website.Apply Now