Institution: University of Maryland,
Start Date: September 10, 2018
The University of Maryland is providing its free online course entitled as “Developing Innovative Ideas for New Companies: The First Step in Entrepreneurship”. With this course, students experience a sampling of the ideas and techniques explored in the University of Maryland’s master’s degree in technology entrepreneurship, an innovative, and 100% online program.
This course assists aspiring and active entrepreneurs in developing great ideas into great companies. With strong economies presenting rich opportunities for new venture creation and challenging economic times presenting the necessity for many to make their own job, the need to develop the skills to develop and act on innovative business opportunities is increasingly vital.
- Duration: 4 weeks
- Commitment: 3-5 hours/week
- Subject: Business
- Institution: University of Maryland, College Park
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Session: September 10, 2018
- Requirement: None
- Certificate Available: Yes
Who Developed the Course
The University of Maryland is the state’s flagship university and one of the nation’s preeminent public research universities.
No specific knowledge or education background is assumed for the free online course. Anyone can apply for this course.
Where Could This Lead You
After completing this course, you can apply for jobs in the given fields:
Get Extra Benefits
Get a verified certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you acquire ($39 USD/mo)
- Official and approved-Get a certificate with the logo of the institution and the signature of a professor to show your achievements and increase your professional prospects
- Easy to share-Add the certificate to your résumé or resume, or publish it directly on LinkedIn
- Proven motivational measure-Give yourself an additional stimulus to complete the course
How to Join This Course
You can register yourself here.
WEEK 1: Introduction to Innovation and Entrepreneurship
This module includes a welcome to the course, an orientation to our teaching approach and faculty, and an introduction to the fundamentals of innovation and entrepreneurship.
WEEK 2: Entrepreneurial Mindset, Motivations, and Behaviors
This module explores entrepreneurial thinking with attention to entrepreneurial mindset, entrepreneurial motivations, and entrepreneurial behaviors.
WEEK 3: Industry Understanding
This module examines how to recognize entrepreneurial opportunities based on market conditions and industry factors.
WEEK 4: Customer Understanding and Business Modeling
This module introduces approaches to understanding customers, developing compelling solutions, and crafting winning business models.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
* Identify and analyze entrepreneurial opportunities;
* Enhance your entrepreneurial mindset;
* Improve your strategic decision-making; and
* Build innovative business models.
Who Will You Learn With?
Dr. James V. Green: Director of Entrepreneurship Education, Maryland Technology Enterprise Institute
- Importance of Course: At the end of the course you will able to demystify the startup process, and build the skills to identify and act on innovative opportunities now, and in the future.
- Importance of Certificate: By the Certificate of Achievement you will be able to prove your success when applying for jobs or courses. You can display it on your LinkedIn or CV.
For more information about the course, you may visit the Website.Apply Now