Start Date: Available Now
IBM is offering its new free online course entitled “Developing and Deploying Microservices with Microclimate” for qualified applicants. This course is for technical professionals and students who have experience developing and deploying applications in traditional environments.
This course provides an introduction to Microclimate, an end-to-end development environment that lets you rapidly create, edit, and deploy applications. In this course, you learn how to quickly set up a development environment for working with Microclimate, and import a sample application. This course is ongoing.
- Duration: 4 weeks
- Commitment: 2 -5 hours/week
- Subject: Computer Science
- Institution: IBM
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Session: Available Now
- Requirement: Basic understanding of cloud computing
- Certificate Available: Yes
Who Developed the Course
IBM offers a wide range of technology and consulting services; a broad portfolio of middleware for collaboration, predictive analytics, software development and systems management; and the world’s most advanced servers and supercomputers.
- This course is for technical professionals and students who have experience developing and deploying applications in traditional environments.
- The ideal candidate for this course has a basic understanding of cloud computing and is interested in developing microservices.
- Some experience with using IBM Cloud is useful, but not required. Some experience with using container technology is also a plus.
Where Could This Lead You
After completing this course, you can apply for jobs in the given fields:
Get Extra Benefits
Get a verified certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you acquire (₹ 3,357/mo)
- Official and approved-Get a certificate with the logo of the institution and the signature of a professor to show your achievements and increase your professional prospects
- Easy to share-Add the certificate to your résumé or resume, or publish it directly on LinkedIn
- Proven motivational measure-Give yourself an additional stimulus to complete the course
How to Join This Course
You can register yourself here.
WEEK 1: Course introduction
This module introduces the course and covers the fundamentals of microservices that are prerequisite knowledge for the course.
WEEK 2: Introduction to Microclimate
This unit introduces Microclimate, a Docker-ized, end-to-end development environment that you can use to generate microservices in Java, Node, and Swift.
WEEK 3: Developing applications with Microclimate
This module covers the basics of developing microservices applications. You also learn how to create, build, and test a simple application in a local environment with Microclimate.
WEEK 4: Application deployment and DevOps
In this module, you learn how to deploy a Microclimate application on IBM Cloud Private. You also learn about the DevOps capabilities of Microclimate with IBM Cloud Private.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
How to deploy a microservice application to IBM Cloud Private.
Who Will You Learn With?
- Karen Durston: Software Engineer
- Megan Irvine: Technical Enablement Specialist, IBM Cloud Learning & Skills Development
- Steeve Chwojko: Working in Information Technology for the past twenty years
- Importance of Course: If you choose to take this course and earn the Coursera course certificate, you will also earn an IBM digital badge.
- Importance of Certificate: By the Certificate of Achievement you will be able to prove your success when applying for jobs or courses. You can display it on your LinkedIn or CV.
For more information about the course, you may visit the Website.Apply Now