Institution: University of Queensland& Microsoft
Start Date: Self-Paced
In collaboration with the University of Queensland, Microsoft is providing a free online course named as “Deep Learning through Transformative Pedagogy”.This education course has been developed for educators and education leaders.
The course explores deep learning by bringing together the most up-to-date research from cognitive psychology, contemporary educational theories, and neuroscientific perspectives. This course is self-paced.
- Duration: 4 weeks
- Commitment: 2 to 3 hours per week
- Subject: Education & Teacher Training
- Institution: University of Queensland& Microsoft
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Session: Self-Paced
- Requirement: None
- Certificate Available: Yes
Who Developed the Course
Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It develops, manufactures, licenses, supports and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and services.
This course has developed to provide resources to K-12 school leaders around the world as they address the unique needs of their schools in a changing educational and technology landscape.
Where Could This Lead You
After completing this course, you can apply for jobs in the given fields:
Get Extra Benefits
Get a verified certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you acquire (₹3310 INR)
- Official and approved-Get a certificate with the logo of the institution and the signature of a professor to show your achievements and increase your professional prospects
- Easy to share-Add the certificate to your résumé or resume, or publish it directly on LinkedIn
- Proven motivational measure-Give yourself an additional stimulus to complete the course
How to Join This Course
You can register yourself here.
Throughout each module, suggested learning experiences are provided for school or system leaders who seek to engage with deep learning practices across their organization. In this way, the course is differentiated to cater to both individual learners and to groups.
- Module 1: Surface to deep learning
The history of surface and deep learning and exploration of the question: what is learning? The structure of the brain and how it responds to different learning experiences. The mental architecture of the brain – how we learn, behavioral theories, and the dynamically interactive relationships between the regions of the brain.
- Module 2: Communication skills – verbal and nonverbal
Verbal and nonverbal communication skills and the importance of effective communication on deep learning. Questioning, discourse and linguistic tools for communication.
- Module 3: Motivating students
Student motivation and the importance of teacher-student relationships. Self-determination, self-regulation, and motivation at different age levels and the tools and strategies to develop motivation through social learning are discussed.
- Module 4: Feedback
The importance of well-timed and effectively delivered feedback, and how students can respond to and use feedback to support deep learning.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
- The features of surface and deep learning
- Neuroscientific, psychological, and educational theories supporting deep learning
- The importance of communication skills in deep learning
- The role of student motivation and positive social relationships in deep learning
- How effective feedback can support deep learning
- How the thoughtful use of technology can support education
Who Will You Learn With?
- Merrilyn Goos: Professor of Education, University of Limerick
- Pankaj Sah: Professor and Director, University of Queensland
- Robyn M Gillies: Professor of Education, University of Queensland
- Annemaree Carroll: Professor of Education, University of Queensland
- Melissa Cain: School of Education, University of Queensland
- Katherine McLay: School of Education, University of Queensland
- Importance of Course: At the end of the course, you will understand about powerful teaching strategies and effective learning activities.
- Importance of Certificate: By the Certificate of Achievement you will be able to prove your success when applying for jobs or courses. You can display it on your LinkedIn or CV.
For more information about the course, you may visit the Website.Apply Now