Institution: University of Auckland
Start Date: October 8, 2018
Gets a hands-on introduction emphasizing key ideas, computer software and statistical thinking with this free online course entitled “Data to Insight: An Introduction to Data Analysis and Visualization”. This course is offered by the University of Auckland.
In this course, you will learn key statistical elements of data science. You will focus on data exploration and discovery, learning what to look for in data, its limitations and avoiding being misled. The course will start on October 8, 2018.
- Duration: 8 weeks
- Commitment: 3 hours
- Subject: Data Science
- Institution: University of Auckland
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Session: October 8, 2018
- Requirement: None
- Certificate Available: Yes
Who Developed the Course
The University of Auckland is New Zealand’s leading university and the only one included in the Times Higher Education top 200.
- This course is suited to those new to these areas and those wanting a reminder and fresh perspectives.
- You will need to be comfortable thinking in terms of percentages and have a level of comfort with using computers.
Where Could This Lead You
After completing this course, you can apply for jobs in the given fields:
Get Extra Benefits
Get a verified certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you acquire ($84)
- Official and approved-Get a certificate with the logo of the institution and the signature of a professor to show your achievements and increase your professional prospects
- Easy to share-Add the certificate to your résumé or resume, or publish it directly on LinkedIn
- Proven motivational measure-Give yourself an additional stimulus to complete the course
How to Join This Course
- You can register yourself here.
- You can use the hashtag #FLdata2insight to talk about this course on social media.
- Data and its organization
- Basic statistics
- Making discoveries working with several variables simultaneously
- Sources of error and misconception
- Confidence intervals
- Statistical tests via randomization
- Seasonal decomposition and forecasting
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
- Explore fundamental statistical data science concepts
- Create visual and numerical representations of data
- Interpret data analysis outputs
- Discuss interpretations and limitations of data
Who Will You Learn With?
- Chris Wild: Lead educator for “Data to Insight”
- Tracey Meek: She helped design the Data to Insight Course
- Importance of Course: At the end of the course, you will gain skills quickly, and introduce you to the big ideas that will help you to start understanding our world through data.
- Importance of Certificate: By the Certificate of Achievement you will be able to prove your success when applying for jobs or courses. You can display it on your LinkedIn or CV.
For more information about the course, you may visit the Website.Apply Now