Institution: Microsoft Corporation
Start Date: January 1, 2018
Microsoft is glad to announce you a free online course named as “Data Access in C# and .NET Core”. This course demonstrates the use of Microsoft data access technologies using C#.Net Core. Students will learn everything they need to know to develop a data layer for their applications. This course provides instruction in both text and video in order to provide the student with relevant learning opportunities. This course will start on January 1, 2018.
- Duration: 4 weeks
- Commitment: 2 – 4 hours per week
- Subject: Computer Science
- Institution: Microsoft Corporation
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Session: Starts on January 1, 2018
- Requirement: Anyone
- Certificate Available: Yes
Who Developed the Course
- About University: Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company headquartered in Redmond, Washington, that develops, manufactures, licenses, supports and sells computer software, consumer electronics, and personal computers and services.
- Mission of University: Microsoft Corporation’s mission is “to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more”.
- Basics of the C# Programming Language
- Object-Oriented Programming
Where Could This Lead You
- Importance of the Subject in Today’s Scenario: NET Core is a cross-platform, open source, and modular .NET platform for creating modern web apps, microservices, libraries and console applications. This release includes the .NET Core runtime, libraries and tools and the ASP.NET Core libraries.
- Your Career Option: There are lots of interesting career options you can consider after completing the course:
- Azure .NET Developer_4
- Software Developer
- C# WPF
- Net 4
- .NET Software Engineers
Get Extra Benefits
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain ($99USD)
- Official and Verified: Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution’s logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
- Easily Shareable: Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
- Proven Motivator: Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
How to Join This Course
You should register yourself through the given link to join this free online course: https://courses.edx.org/register
At the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- Introduction to Entity Framework
- Introduction to Object Relational Model (ORM)
- Creating Asynchronous Methods
- Scaffold entity objects from an existing database
- Basic data operations
- How to query data
- LINQ basics
- Lambda basics
- Entities relationships
- Eager and lazy loading
- Seeding databases
- Performance Optimizations
Who Will You Learn With
- Matt Dixon: Matt is owner and founder of Front Range Systems, a software consulting company focusing on custom software solutions for its clients. Matt has over 16 years of professional development experience and loves solving complex problems with simple solutions. He has helped organizations through mentorship and training and specializes in professional and enterprise solutions with various technologies including HTML5, AngularJS, ASP.Net, and WPF and C #.
- Marwa Hussein: Marwa Hussein is a Content Developer at Microsoft. Marwa has worked in Microsoft as a software developer for about 4 years before she switched her focuses to the education track at Microsoft. Before Microsoft, Marwa worked for 7 years on creating and teaching computer science courses for undergraduate students.
- Daren May: Daren May is the President and founder of CustomMayd— a company that specializes in designing and building developer training and next-level digital experiences. Daren is a Windows Development MVP and has written and presented many training courses including Microsoft Virtual Academy videos.
You can refer these books:
- Pro ASP.NET Core MVC by Adam Freeman
- NET Core and Angular 2 by Valerio De Sanctis
- Professional C# 6 and .NET Core 1.0 by Christian Nagel
- C# 6 and .NET Core 1.0: Modern Cross-Platform Development by Mark Price
- NET Core 1.0 High Performance by James Singleton
- Importance of Course: After completing the course you will understand everything you need to know to develop a data layer for your applications, including Entity Framework and Lambda basics.
- Importance of Certificate: By the Certificate of Achievement you will be able to prove your success when applying for jobs or courses. You can display it on your LinkedIn or CV.
For more information about the course, you may visit the given link:Apply Now