Institution: Berklee College of Music
Start Date: July 16, 2018
Whether you’re an aspiring producer, composer, or hobbyist this free online course named as “Creating Sounds for Electronic Music” is available for you! The course is developed by the Berklee College of Music.
In this project-centered course*, you will create sounds and use them in your own musical compositions. Along with your classmates, you will create a massive database of designed sounds, or patches, to use in your compositions. The joining date of the course is July 16, 2018.
- Duration: 4 weeks
- Subject: Music
- Institution: Berklee College of Music
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Session: July 16, 2018
- Requirement: Familiarity with music production basics
- Certificate Available: Yes
Who Developed the Course
The Berklee College of Music was founded on the revolutionary principle that the best way to prepare students for careers in music is through the study and practice of contemporary music.
- This course is designed for learners who are familiar with music production basics, and who have access to some basic music production equipment.
- Specifically, you should have experience with a digital audio workstation that supports VST, AAX, or AU plugins (Introduction to Music Production or Pro Tools Basics are recommended if you do not have this experience).
- You will also need a MIDI keyboard or controller (such as oxygen 8), a digital audio workstation, such as Pro Tools, and FXpansion Strobe 2 (a free 90-day demo will be provided for Coursera learners in this course).
Where Could This Lead You
After completing this course, you can apply for jobs in the given fields:
Get Extra Benefits
Get a verified certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you acquire (₹1,944)
- Official and approved-Get a certificate with the logo of the institution and the signature of a professor to show your achievements and increase your professional prospects
- Easy to share-Add the certificate to your résumé or resume, or publish it directly on LinkedIn
- Proven motivational measure-Give yourself an additional stimulus to complete the course
How to Join This Course
You can register yourself here.
WEEK 1: Welcome to Creating Synthesizer Sounds for Electronic Music!
Welcome to your Berklee MOOC! Before you begin the course, the module will cover all the details about the course and what you’ll need to know to get the most out of your Berklee MOOC.
Creating A Mock-Up
This week, course start working in Strobe 2 and create a mock-up of our song. The module will focus on creating drum and bass patches to use in our songs. The module also goes over the form we will be using for our electronic etudes.
WEEK 2: Creating Draft 1
This week, course look at organ, lead, keys, and arpeggiator patches. The module starts researching and adding these patches to our etudes.
WEEK 3: Creating Draft 2
This week, you’ll learn about pads, synths, unison, and chord patches. You’ll research these patches and add them to our second draft. You’ll also take a look at changing something drastic in our etudes.
WEEK 4: Creating Draft 3
This week, course create our third draft. Course add special FX and texture to our etudes. Course also expand on the 40-measure form and begin to develop our musical ideas further.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
Gain skills in music production and confidence using software synthesizers.
Who Will You Learn With?
Loudon Stearns: Assistant Professor of Contemporary Writing & Production
- Importance of Course: When you complete the course, you’ll have a finished project that you’ll be proud to use and share.
- Importance of Certificate: By the Certificate of Achievement you will be able to prove your success when applying for jobs or courses. You can display it on your LinkedIn or CV.
For more information about the course, you may visit the Website.Apply Now