Institution: Ecole Polytechnique, HEC Paris
Start Date: July 30, 2018
The Ecole Polytechnique, HEC Paris has excited to declare a free online course named as “Creating and Developing a Tech Startup”. The creation of tech businesses gives you a genuine opportunity to change the world.
In this course, you must learn to overhaul your relationship with failure, which is a valuable source of experience. This course will allow you to identify and evaluate opportunities for creating a tech business. The course will begin on July 30, 2018.
- Duration:6 weeks
- Commitment: 3-4 hours a week
- Subject: Business
- Institution: Ecole Polytechnique, HEC Paris
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Session: Starts on July 30, 2018
- Requirement: None
- Certificate Available: Yes
Who Developed the Course
The École Polytechnique combines research, education, and innovation with the best scientific and technological world to meet the challenges of the 21st century.
No specific knowledge or education background is assumed for the free online course. Anyone can apply for this course.
Where Could This Lead You
After completing this course, you can apply for jobs in the given fields:
- Business Analyst
- Business Manager
Get Extra Benefits
If you pay ₹1,944 for this course,
- You will have access to all of the features and content you need to earn a Course Certificate.
- If you complete the course successfully, your electronic Certificate will be added to your Accomplishments page – from there, you can print your Certificate or add it to your LinkedIn profile.
- Note that the Course Certificate does not represent official academic credit from the partner institution offering the course.
How to Join This Course
You can register yourself here.
- WEEK 1
From laboratory invention to formulation of an innovative concept: Before any technical or financial consideration, the creation of a technology company is above all a human adventure that requires each associate to make personal choices.
- WEEK 2
Fostering the development of your concept: This session will familiarize you with the principal steps for bringing an innovative project to fruition. Among other things, the course will evoke the fundamentals of managing a project and the knowledge acquisition process that enables you to make crucial decisions for the company over time.
- WEEK 3
Identifying the actors of technological innovation: Young technology companies often spring out of research work conducted in public or private laboratories. The technology transfer of this work can take place directly by license agreements.
- WEEK 4
How to calculate your financing needs and to find funding:The development of an innovative technology is an exciting adventure that is often like an obstacle course when it comes to finding the first sources of financing.
- WEEK 5
Defining your business model: Developing a technology, building a team and financing the startup are not the only challenges that you and your colleagues will face. The elaboration of a credible value proposition and a scalable and profitable business model require a lot of back-and-forth discussions because the clients and sales terms and conditions of your offer will often be very different than originally planned.
- WEEK 6
End of the course and final exam: These last two weeks do not include any new elements of the course. You can organize yourselves however you wish over this period to review lessons and take the final exam.
By the end of this course, you will able to
- Acquire knowledge, know-how and interpersonal skills.
Who Will You Learn With?
- Romain Beaume: Mission Chair MIX at École Polytechnique, HEC Paris
- Etienne Krieger: Affiliate Professor at École Polytechnique, HEC Paris
- Importance of Course: By the end of this course you will be able to know the essential dilemmas with which high-tech business creators are confronted with, beginning with the initial decision to set up your very own structure.
- Importance of Certificate: By the Certificate of Achievement you will be able to prove your success when applying for jobs or courses. You can display it on your LinkedIn or CV.
For more information about the course, you may visit the Website.Apply Now