Institution: University of Southampton & IACCM
Start Date: Available now
The University of Southampton & IACCM is welcoming applicants for their free online course entitled as “Contract Management: Building Relationships in Business”. This course is for anyone who wants to better understand what is involved in commercial business relationships.
This course will help you understand contract management processes and give you the confidence to develop new contracts. You will also build successful relationships to implement contracts effectively. The course is ongoing.
- Duration: 3 weeks
- Commitment: 3 hours per week
- Subject: Business & Management
- Institution: University of Southampton & IACCM
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Session: Available now
- Requirement: None
- Certificate Available: Yes
Who Developed the Course
The University of Southampton is a research university located in Southampton, England. Southampton awards a wide range of academic degrees spanning academic degrees for bachelor’s in a variety of degrees and master’s degrees as well as junior doctorates and higher doctorates.
- This free online course is designed for anyone who wants to better understand what is involved in commercial business relationships, and the process of managing contractual agreements.
- It is suitable for those working in the public, private and third sectors.
Where Could This Lead You
After completing this course, you can apply for jobs in the given fields:
- Contracts Management Expert
- Associate Manager
Get Extra Benefits
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain (Upgrade – $99)
- Unlimited access to this course
- Includes any articles, videos, peer reviews and quizzes
- Certificate of Achievement to prove your success when you’re eligible
How to Join This Course
- You can register yourself here.
- You can use the hashtag #FLcontracts to talk about this course on social media.
Following topics you will cover:
- Commercial relationships and the pitfalls to avoid in contracting
- The rules and regulations that govern business, trade and public procurement and how this can affect behavior
- Understanding customers and designing a business case and subsequent delivery and support system around their needs
- Contracts exist in chains and networks. Managing interdependency and business relationships
- Ensuring that stakeholders are engaged
- The role of negotiation and how to be in the best position to make Win-Win negotiations a reality
- Managing risk and identifying ‘unknown unknowns’
- Examining what innovation is and how it can be fostered
- Introducing the top attributes of successful contracts and the new skill sets that will be required in the future
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
- Explore what can go right or wrong in relationships
- Debate how the rules and regulations that govern public and private sector procurement can affect behavior
- Identify ways you can ensure that what you buy (or sell) is what you and your customer/client really needs
- Engage in a stakeholder analysis activity by sharing your own ideas and providing feedback on others
- Explore your supplier relationships and compare what your fellow learners are doing more or less of that in your own organization
- Reflect on what actions you will now take to learn more about the course topics and take the lessons forward into your workplace
Who Will You Learn With?
- Douglas Macbeth- Lead Educator Professor of Purchasing and Supply Management
- Tim Cummins- Founder and Chief Executive Officer for the International Association for Contract & Commercial Management
- Importance of Course: At the end of the course you will understand to build relationships and manage contracts successfully.
- Importance of Certificate: By the Certificate of Achievement you will be able to prove your success when applying for jobs or courses. You can display it on your LinkedIn or CV.
For more information about the course, you may visit the Website.Apply Now