Institution: University of Colorado Boulder
Start Date: July 9, 2018
The University of Colorado Boulder is introducing a free online course “Compassionate Leadership through Service Learning with Jane Good all and Roots & Shoots”. This course is designed for K-12 formal and informal educators.
This course will teach participants how to identify and implement a local service-learning campaign using the Roots & Shoots program model. The goal of this course is to develop compassionate leaders to make the world a better place for people, other animals, and the environment. The course will start on July 9, 2018.
- Duration: 6 weeks
- Commitment: 5-6 weeks of study, 2-6 hours/week
- Subject: Social Sciences
- Institution: University of Colorado Boulder
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Session: Starts on July 9, 2018
- Requirement: None
- Certificate Available: Yes
Who Developed the Course
The University of Colorado Boulder is a public research university located in Boulder, Colorado, United States.CU-Boulder is a dynamic community of scholars and learners on one of the most spectacular college campuses in the country.
This course is designed for K-12 formal and informal educators in the United States, but we welcome all professions from all over the world to participate because truly the materials and model is easily and often used by other audiences.
Where Could This Lead You
After completing this course, you can apply for jobs in the given fields:
- Teacher professional
- Young Professional
Get Extra Benefits
If you pay ₹1,944 for this course,
- You will have access to all of the features and content you need to earn a Course Certificate.
- If you complete the course successfully, your electronic Certificate will be added to your Accomplishments page – from there, you can print your Certificate or add it to your LinkedIn profile.
- Note that the Course Certificate does not represent official academic credit from the partner institution offering the course.
How to Join This Course
You can register yourself here.
- WEEK 1: Introduction
- WEEK 2: Step 1– Engaging Young People
- WEEK 3: Step 2- Making Observations & Mapping Your Community
- WEEK 4: Step 3- Taking Action
- WEEK 5: Step 4: Measuring Impact & Celebrating Success
- WEEK 6: Conclusion
By the end of this course, you will able to…
- Discover the differences between service-learning and community service
Who Will You Learn With?
- Hope Martinez: Youth Leadership Council Manager at University of Colorado Boulder
- Jane Goodall: Founder at University of Colorado Boulder
- Brad McLain: Research Scientist at University of Colorado Boulder
- Erin Viera-Orr: Vice President at University of Colorado Boulder
- Importance of Course: After Completing the course you will able to apply the Roots & Shoots model to help youth have a voice in identifying and addressing needs in their community.
- Importance of Certificate: By the Certificate of Achievement you will be able to prove your success when applying for jobs or courses. You can display it on your LinkedIn or CV.
For more information about the course, you may visit the Website.Apply Now