Institution: Deakin University
Start Date: Available now
Get an introduction to the importance of effective communication with this “Career Credentials: Evidence Your Expertise in Communication” free online course provided by Deakin University. This course is aimed at professionals with at least three to five years’ work experience.
In this course, you’ll learn how to assess your workplace communication skills and gather evidence of skills that you can warrant to employers. You’ll find out about practical strategies and tips for improving your interpersonal, presentation and writing skills. This course is ongoing.
- Duration: 2 weeks
- Commitment: 3 hours per week
- Subject: Communication
- Institution: Deakin University
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Session: Available now
- Requirement: None
- Certificate Available: Yes
Who Developed the Course
The Deakin University is one of Australia’s largest universities with more than 58,000 students studying online and on-campus.
- This course is aimed at professionals – with or without a university qualification – with at least three to five years’ work experience. You will be looking to:
Advance your current career
Change your career path or industry
Re-join the workforce after time away from work.
- This course may also be of interest if you are a recent graduate or emerging career professional with less than three years’ experience and looking to plan your career.
- Or you may be a job seeker looking to warrant your communication skills to employers.
Where Could This Lead You
After completing this course, you can apply for jobs in the given fields:
- Communication Officer
Get Extra Benefits
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain (Upgrade – $64)
- Unlimited access to this course
- Includes any articles, videos, peer reviews and quizzes
- Certificate of Achievement to prove your success when you’re eligible
How to Join This Course
- You can register yourself here.
- You can use the hashtag #FLCareerCredentials to talk about this course on social media.
Following topics you will cover:
- The role of communication in jobs today and in the future
- The communication skills employers are looking for
- Practical tips and strategies for improving your oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Evaluating your own skills and knowledge in communication against internationally recognized qualification frameworks
- Gathering evidence to demonstrate your communication capabilities to employers.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
- Explain communication and its importance in the workplace
- Describe the behaviors, skills, and knowledge that exemplify good communication
- Identify evidence to demonstrate communication skills and knowledge to employers.
Who Will You Learn With?
- Nicholas Patterson- Academic professional and Alfred Deakin Medalist in Information Technology and Criminology
- Importance of Course: By the end of this course, you’ll understand the role of effective communication in jobs today and in the future.
- Importance of Certificate: By the Certificate of Achievement you will be able to prove your success when applying for jobs or courses. You can display it on your LinkedIn or CV.
For more information about the course, you may visit the Website.Apply Now