Institution: Computer Science
Start Date: October 25, 2017
The Linux Foundation is glad to announce you a free online course name as “Blockchain for Business – An Introduction to Hyperledger Technologies”. In this course, you will learn how to start building blockchain applications with Hyperledger frameworks. You will discover the power of business blockchains and distributed ledger technologies with an overview of Hyperledger and introductions to its key frameworks. This course will start on October 25, 2017.
- Duration: 8 weeks
- Commitment: 3-4 hours per week
- Subject: Computer Science
- Institution: The Linux Foundation
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Session: Starts on October 25, 2017
- Requirement: Anyone
- Certificate Available: Yes
Who Developed the Course
- About University: The Linux Foundation unites thousands of curious minds in the free and open exchange of ideas. They are also dedicated to expanding the collaborative DNA of Linux to other industries and markets. Companies, open source projects, and individual developers can work with their Linux Foundation Collaborative Projects to make collaborative development the de facto way of solving the world’s hardest problems.
- Mission of University: The Linux Foundation’s mission is to provide the knowledge acquisition, services, and infrastructure needed to develop professional open source software. The Linux Foundation hosts projects spanning enterprise IT, embedded systems, consumer electronics, cloud, networking, and industry domains.
- Basic understanding of technology and computer terminology, networking, and databases
- Comfortable with terminal and command line
- Basic understanding of programming languages (Go, Node.js, Java, Python)
Where Could This Lead You
- Importance of the Subject in Today’s Scenario: Companies in financial services, healthcare, energy and other industries are sprinting to begin adopting blockchain — the technology behind Bitcoin that promises to improve efficiency in numerous processes, plus create new business opportunities.
- Your Career Option: There are lots of interesting career options you can consider after completing the course:
- blockchain developer
- Excellent Opportunity for Blockchain Developer
- Blockchain Developer
- Blockchain Integration Developer
Get Extra Benefits
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain ($99)
- Official and Verified: Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution’s logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
- Easily Shareable: Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
- Proven Motivator: Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
How to Join This Course
You should register yourself through the given link of join this free online course: https://courses.edx.org/register
- Welcome & Introduction
- Discovering Blockchain Technologies
- Introduction to Hyperledger
- The Promise of Business Blockchain Technologies
- Technical Requirements
- Introduction to Hyperledger Iroha
- Introduction to Hyperledger Sawtooth
- Introduction to Hyperledger Fabric
- What’s Next?
- Final Exam
At the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- Describe Business Blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technologies
- Gain familiarity with current Hyperledger projects and cross-industry use cases
- Perform clean installations of the Hyperledger Sawtooth and Hyperledger Fabric frameworks
- Explore a sample use case/application in the context of the Hyperledger Sawtooth and Hyperledger Fabric frameworks
- Build simple applications on top of Hyperledger Sawtooth and Hyperledger Fabric
- Become involved in and contribute to the open source Hyperledger projects
Who Will You Learn With
- Robert Schwentker: Robert is President of DLT.Education and Founding President of Blockchain University. He specializes in high tech education focused on Blockchain & Distributed Ledger Technologies. With over 25 years in Fintech education and innovation, he has delivered courses, lectures, hackathons, and projects throughout the US, Canada, Brazil, Belgium, Spain, Italy, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, India, Singapore, and Japan.
- Alexandra Groetsema: Alexandra is a developer and project manager at DLT.Education, as well as a lead developer and co-founder at RiskBazaar. As a developer with a background in biology, she has worked at various tech companies in the Bay area. Additionally, she attended Blockchain University as a Women in Tech Diversity scholar. She received her B.A. in Molecular and Cell Biology from UC Berkeley in 2014.
- Arianna Groetsema: Arianna has a background in web and mobile development and is currently transitioning into the crypto space. Arianna was one of the winners in Blockchain University’s 2015 Hackathon. She is a Women in Tech Diversity scholar and collaborator with Blockchain University. Arianna is currently pursuing a Bachelors of Science in Computational Mathematics at UCLA.
- Navroop Sahdev: Economist by training, Navroop is currently building a FinTech subsidiary that seeks to leverage blockchain technology at Ad Meliora LLC. She is a Research Associate at the Center for Blockchain Technologies at University College London and the Centre d’économie de l’Université Paris Nord (CEPN) and holds three masters in IP Management, Economics of Innovation and Applied Economics, respectively.
- Nathalie Salami: Nathalie is a licensed California attorney working with blockchain regulatory and compliance issues. Nathalie is dedicated to the advancement of the blockchain industry. She received her B.A. from UC Berkeley in 2004 and J.D. from UCLA in 2009. Currently, Nathalie works as an attorney at Fintech Portfolio.
You can refer these books:
- Mastering Blockchain by Imran Bashir
- Blockchain For Dummies by Tiana Laurence
- Blockchain: How Technologies Behind Bitcoin Is Changing Money and Business by Mark Bresett
- Blockchain: A Beginner’s Guide to Blockchain Technology by Alan D. Rice
- Importance of Course: After completing the course you will cover key features of blockchain technologies and the differentiators between various types of Hyperledger projects. You’ll start with ‘what is blockchain’ and open the discussion to identifying suitable blockchain use cases for your business requirements. You will then take a deep dive into the enterprise-ready Hyperledger blockchain frameworks by guiding students through implementation of various blockchains.
- Importance of Certificate: By the Certificate of Achievement you will be able to prove your success when applying for jobs or courses. You can display it on your LinkedIn or CV.
- For more information about the course, you may visit the given link: