Institution: University of Leeds& UCL
Start Date: Available now
Enhance apprentices’ experience with digital technology through this free online course entitled as “Blended Learning Essentials: Digitally-Enriched Apprenticeships”, offered by University of Leeds& UCL. Apprenticeships are changing. The UK Government has introduced new standards to ensure apprentices are receiving quality training
In this course, you’ll learn how to weave in digital resources across the whole apprentice journey from preparation to end-point assessment. You’ll navigate through the Jisc Apprenticeship Toolkit stages of Preparation, Planning, Delivery, and Assessment. This course is ongoing.
- Duration: 2 weeks
- Commitment: 4 hours
- Subject: Teaching
- Institution: University of Leeds& UCL
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Session: Available now
- Requirement: None
- Certificate Available: Yes
Who Developed the Course
As one of the UK’s largest research-based universities, the University of Leeds is a member of the prestigious Russell Group and a center of excellence for teaching.
- This course is open to everyone but is particularly aimed at those working in further education, skills training, vocational education, workplace learning, and lifelong learning or adult education.
- If you work with apprentices as a trainer in a college, within an employee organization or in an independent provider, this course is for you.
Where Could This Lead You
After completing this course, you can apply for jobs in the given fields:
Get Extra Benefits
Get a verified certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you acquire ($89)
- Official and approved-Get a certificate with the logo of the institution and the signature of a professor to show your achievements and increase your professional prospects
- Easy to share-Add the certificate to your résumé or resume, or publish it directly on LinkedIn
- Proven motivational measure-Give yourself an additional stimulus to complete the course
How to Join This Course
- You can register yourself here.
- You can use the hashtag #FLBLE4 to talk about this course on social media.
The course will cover the following topics:
- Preparation: staff and organizational readiness
- Planning the apprentice journey
- Planning the apprentice programme to support the delivery
- Digital for developing learner support
- Digital for supporting evidence collection
- End-point assessment (EPA)
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
- Explore the role of the trainer in apprenticeships in the digital age.
- Describe the role of digital in preparing for a trainer’s or organisation’s readiness for the apprenticeship programme.
- Develop plans for using digital tools in the delivery of an apprenticeship programme.
- Investigate the use of digital tools for supporting learners and apprentices.
- Identify good practice in using digital tools for collecting evidence.
- Explain the potential in using digital tools for the end-point assessment.
Who Will You Learn With?
- Diana Laurillard: Chair of Learning with Digital Technology, Knowledge Lab, UCL IOE.
- Bronwen Swinnerton: Researcher in Digital Learning in the School of Education at the University of Leeds
- Neil Morris: Director of Digital Learning and Professor of Educational Technology at the University of Leeds
- Importance of Course: At the end of the course, you will able to develop your own designs for a digitally-enriched apprenticeship programme.
- Importance of Certificate: By the Certificate of Achievement you will be able to prove your success when applying for jobs or courses. You can display it on your LinkedIn or CV.
For more information about the course, you may visit the Website.Apply Now