Institution: Deakin University
Start Date: Available now
Identify your key strengths and professional skills with this free online course entitled“Becoming Career Smart: How to Sell Yourself’, offered by Deakin University. Being able to identify your transferable skills is vital in a changing career marketplace.
In this course, you will learn how to benefit from your work and life experience. This course investigates the current career environment and, using case studies and a series of unique audit tools. This course is ongoing.
- Duration: 2 weeks
- Commitment: 3 hours
- Subject: Business & Management
- Institution: Deakin University
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Session: Available now
- Requirement: None
- Certificate Available: Yes
Who Developed the Course
The Deakin University is one of Australia’s largest universities with more than 58,000 students studying online and on-campus.
This course is for professionals who are considering a career change. It will be of particular interest to mid-career professionals looking to plan their next step.
Where Could This Lead You
After completing this course, you can apply for jobs in the given fields:
Get Extra Benefits
Get a verified certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you acquire ($74)
- Official and approved-Get a certificate with the logo of the institution and the signature of a professor to show your achievements and increase your professional prospects
- Easy to share-Add the certificate to your résumé or resume, or publish it directly on LinkedIn
- Proven motivational measure-Give yourself an additional stimulus to complete the course
How to Join This Course
- You can register yourself here.
- You can use the hashtag #FLcareerpromotionto talk about this course on social media.
This course looks at the current career environment. Using case studies and a series of unique audit tools, the course challenges you to:
- Explore your successes and what success means to you
- Develop your capacity to reflect on your strengths and weaknesses
- Identify your key professional skills and capabilities.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
- Explain what success means to you
- Identify your core sellable skills
- Identify evidence of these skills from your experience
Who Will You Learn With?
- Michael Hobbs: Senior Lecturer in the School of IT at Deakin University
- Guy Wood-Bradley: Professional in Information Technology
- Nicholas Patterson: Academic Professional
- Importance of Course: The course will develop your capacity to reflect on your strengths and weaknesses and increase your knowledge of credentials (the skills and capabilities you have built during your life and career).
- Importance of Certificate: By the Certificate of Achievement you will be able to prove your success when applying for jobs or courses. You can display it on your LinkedIn or CV.
For more information about the course, you may visit the Website.Apply Now