Institution: Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Start Date: At your own pace
Are you curios about entrepreneurship? then there is a free online course entitled as “Becoming an Entrepreneur” for you. The course is developed by Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Learn the business skills and start-up mindset needed to embark on your entrepreneurial path from the premier program for aspiring entrepreneurs, MIT Launch. You may enroll in this course at your own pace.
- Duration: 6 weeks
- Commitment:1-3 hours per week
- Subject: Business & Management
- Institution: Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Session: At your own pace
- Requirement: None
- Certificate Available: Yes
Who Developed the Course
- About University: Massachusetts Institute of Technology — a coeducational, privately endowed research university founded in 1861 — is dedicated to advancing knowledge and educating students in science, technology, and other areas of scholarship that will best serve the nation and the world in the 21st century.
- The mission of University: The mission of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology is to advance knowledge and educate students in science, technology, and other areas of scholarship that will best serve the nation and the world in the 21st century. We are also driven to bring knowledge to bear on the world’s great challenges.
- Anyone can learn this course no previous business or entrepreneurship experience needed.
Where Could This Lead You
- Importance of the Subject in Today’s Scenario: The capacity and willingness to develop, organize and manage a business venture along with any of its risks in order to make a profit. The most obvious example of entrepreneurship is the starting of new businesses.
- Your Career Option: If you’re wondering what your future could look like in this area, here are some potential careers :
- Regional Business Manager
- Executive Assistant
- Digital Marketing Executive
Get Extra Benefits
You can pursue a verified certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain ($69). Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn. Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution’s logo to verify your achievement and increase your job.
How to Join This Course
- You should register yourself through the given link of join this free online course: https://courses.edx.org/register
At the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- Overcoming the top hurdles to starting a company
- Coming up with business ideas
- Performing market research and choosing your target customer
- Developing your positioning and entrepreneurial strategy
- Defining your goals as an entrepreneur and business, plus pitching and selling to customers
Who Will You Learn With
- Laurie Stach: Laurie is the Founder and Executive Director of MIT Launch entrepreneurship programs for high school students, plus she is the Program Manager for High School Education at the Martin Trust Center for MIT Entrepreneurship. Laurie holds a B.S. in mechanical engineering from MIT and an MBA from HBS (Harvard Business School).
- Martin Culpepper: He is a professor at MIT.
You can refer this books:
- The Entrepreneur Mind: 100 Essential Beliefs, Characteristics, and Habits of Elite Entrepreneurs by – Kevin Johnson
- Importance of Course: You will understand the entrepreneur innovation and business course designed for aspiring entrepreneurs who want to explore an entrepreneurial path and overcome some of the initial challenges in taking those first steps.
- Importance of Certificate: By the Certificate of Achievement you will be able to prove your success when applying for jobs or courses. You can display it on your LinkedIn or CV.
- For more information about the course, you may visit the given link: