Institution: Polytechnic University of Valencia
Start Date: September 19, 2017
The Polytechnic University of Valencia is offering you a free online course Basic Spanish 2: One Step Further. Beginners course for learners of Spanish that focuses not only on language but also on cultural aspects, specifically designed for English speakers. You will learn basic vocabulary to talk about yourself and your everyday life, in the present and in the past, in simple and brief communication situations, as well as about plans for an immediate future. This course will start on September 19, 2017.
- Duration: 4 weeks
- Commitment: 4-5 hours per week
- Subject: Art & Culture
- Institution: The Polytechnic University of Valencia
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Session: Starts on September 19, 2017
- Requirement: Basic Spanish knowledge or 30 hours of practice
- Certificate Available: Yes
Who Developed the Course
- About University: The Polytechnic University of Valencia (UPV) is a public educational institution that offers modern and flexible degrees, designed to meet the demands of society, and official postgraduate programs subject to the most demanding systems of quality control education.It is the only Spanish technological university ranked among the best in the world according to the Shanghai Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU).
- Mission of University: The Polytechnic University of Valencia (UPV) mission is to developing creative and relevant ideas with an impact on society
Basic Spanish knowledge or 30 hours of practice
Where Could This Lead You
- Importance of the Subject in Today’s Scenario: Spanish is the second largest language in the United States. Hispanics are the largest minority in the United States, with the majority of them being Spanish speakers. By learning Spanish, you’ll be better able to communicate with Spanish speakers
- Your Career Option: If you’re wondering what your future could look like in this area, here are some potential careers :
- Spanish language Expert
- Solution Engineer-Spanish
- Director of Global Communications
Get Extra Benefits
You can pursue a verified certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain ($50). Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn. Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution’s logo to verify your achievement and increase your job.
How to Join This Course
You should register yourself through the given link of join this free online course: https://courses.edx.org/register
At the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- daily routine and work such as schedules
- info related to daily activities at home and with the family
- leisure and leisure activities such as talking about time and experiences
- life in the city such as shopping or giving an address.
Who Will You Learn With
- Ana Gimeno: Associate Professor of English, Department of Applied Linguistics. Universitat Politècnica de València, Spain. Specialist in Computer-Assisted Language Learning and in Content and Language Integrated Learning. Former President of the European Association for Computer-Assisted Language Learning (EUROCALL).
- Cristina Navarro: MA in Spanish Philology and MA in Catalan Philology, both from the University of Valencia, Spain. Lecturer in the Spanish Language. Department of Applied Linguistics. Universitat Politècnica de València, Spain. Specialist in Computer-Assisted Language Learning. Co-author of 3 multimedia courses for learners of Spanish as a foreign language.
- Virginia González: Ph.D. in Spanish Philology from the University of Valencia, Spain. Lecturer in Spanish Language and Linguistics. Department of Spanish. Universitat de València, Spain. Specialist in Spanish as a Foreign Language methodology and Computer-Assisted Language Learning. Co-author of a multimedia course for learners of Spanish as a foreign language.
- Begoña García Migura: Begoña García Migura, MA in Spanish Philology and MA in Spanish Teaching and Learning of Spanish in multi lingual and international context (MultiELE), a UE academic excellence program. She has been teaching Spanish as a foreign language (ELE) for more than 13 years.
You can refer this book: Easy Spanish Step-By-Step by – Barbara Bregstein
- Importance of Course: At the end of the course you will be able to communicate in everyday situations according to the A1 proficiency level as described in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFRL, Council of Europe).
- Importance of Certificate: By the Certificate of Achievement you will be able to prove your success when applying for jobs or courses. You can display it on your LinkedIn or CV.
For more information about the course, you may visit the given link: