Institution: Microsoft Corporation
Start Date: January 1, 2018
Microsoft is glad to announce you a free online course named as “Automating Azure Workloads”. In this course, you’ll learn how to automate operational and management tasks in Microsoft Azure to save time, increase reliability and improve consistency and accuracy using technologies such as Desired State Configuration, ARM templates, and run books integrated with Azure Automation. You will also learn how to use Microsoft Azure automation to successfully automate manual, long-running, error-prone, and frequently repeated administrative tasks. This course will start on January 1, 2018.
- Duration: 4 weeks
- Commitment: 2 to 4 hours per week
- Subject: Computer Science
- Institution: Microsoft Corporation
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Session: Starts on January 1, 2018
- Requirement: Anyone
- Certificate Available: Yes
Who Developed the Course
- About University: Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company headquartered in Redmond, Washington, that develops, manufactures, licenses, supports and sells computer software, consumer electronics, and personal computers and services.
- Mission of University: Microsoft Corporation’s mission is “to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more”.
- General understanding of cloud computing models.
- Basic proficiency in PowerShell and command line interface scripting.
Where Could This Lead You
- Importance of the Subject in Today’s Scenario: Microsoft Azure Automation provides a way for users to automate the manual, long-running, error-prone, and frequently repeated tasks that are commonly performed in a cloud and enterprise environment.
- Your Career Option: If you’re wondering what your future could look like in this area, here are some potential careers you could head towards Laboratory Technician. Mention some career points:
- Azure Cloud Automation Engineer
- Database Admin
- Engineer – GISOCC IS Infrastructure (Automation – Scripting)
- Senior Platform Engineer
Get Extra Benefits
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain ($99USD)
- Official and Verified: Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution’s logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
- Easily Shareable:Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
- Proven Motivator: Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
How to Join This Course
You should register yourself through the given link of join this free online course: https://courses.edx.org/register
At the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- How to define environments and configurations using ARM Templates and integrate those templates with other automation services
- How to use Desired State Configuration
- How to implement Runbooks
- How to Implement Workflows
- How to use Azure Automation to integrate multiple automation components.
Who Will You Learn With
- Cynthia Staley: Cindy is a Senior Content Developer for Microsoft specializing in Windows Server IT professional online training.
- Tony Jamieson: Tony is a Content Developer for Microsoft with over 15 years specializing in IT professional online training.
- Corey Hynes: Corey J Hynes is an infrastructure consultant who has been working in IT for 17 years. Corey specializes in core infrastructure and virtualization technologies including Windows Server, Hyper-V, VDI, and System Center.
You can refer these books:
- Mastering Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Services by John Savill
- Automating Microsoft Azure with PowerShellby John Chapman (Author), Aman Dhally
- Stream Analytics with Microsoft Azureby Anindita Basak, Krishna Venkataraman
- Importance of Course: After completing the course you can now fully utilize automation and script-writing to create automatic back-ups, activate disaster recovery strategies in the event of downtime or infrastructure disasters, and streamline a host of other processes.
- Importance of Certificate: By the Certificate of Achievement you will be able to prove your success when applying for jobs or courses. You can display it on your LinkedIn or CV.
For more information about the course, you may visit the given link:Apply Now