Institution: University of Washington
Start Date: July 24, 2018
Improve your ability to meet new people with this new free online course entitled “Attending a Networking Event”, offered by the University of Washington. Learn to give an “elevator pitch” (speech) to introduce yourself to new people and to highlight your key qualities.
In this course, you’ll focus on two key parts of networking. In the first part, you will focus on an elevator pitch, a short speech to highlight the qualities that are important in finding a job or making a connection. The second part of the course is about networking events. These are informal meetings to make connections with people in a certain area. The course will start on July 24, 2018.
- Duration: 4 weeks
- Commitment: 3 to 5 hours per week
- Subject: Language
- Institution: University of Washington
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Session: July 24, 2018
- Requirement: Intermediate level of English language proficiency
- Certificate Available: Yes
Who Developed the Course
The University of Washington is one of the preeminent public research universities in the world dedicated to preparing leaders of change, promoters of ideas, and creating a culture of collaboration.
Applicants should have an intermediate level of English language proficiency.
Where Could This Lead You
After completing this course, you can apply for jobs in the given fields:
Get Extra Benefits
Get a verified certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you acquire (₹ 6781 INR)
- Official and approved-Get a certificate with the logo of the institution and the signature of a professor to show your achievements and increase your professional prospects
- Easy to share-Add the certificate to your résumé or resume, or publish it directly on LinkedIn
- Proven motivational measure-Give yourself an additional stimulus to complete the course
How to Join This Course
You can register yourself here.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
- Create and deliver an “elevator pitch”
- Find a networking event you would like to attend
- Make small talk
- Prepare for and attend a networking event
- Add at least one new person to your network
Who Will You Learn With?
- Joel Ozretich: Instructor, University of Washington
- Richard Moore: Instructor, University of Washington
- Importance of Course: You will able to make connections with people and use your skills to attend a networking event.
- Importance of Certificate: By the Certificate of Achievement you will be able to prove your success when applying for jobs or courses. You can display it on your LinkedIn or CV.
For more information about the course, you may visit the Website.Apply Now