Institution: Yad Vashem
Start Date: Available now
Trace the history of antisemitism – from antiquity to the present with this free online course named as “Antisemitism: From Its Origins to the Present”, offered by Yad Vashem. This course is for anyone with an interest in history, in social dynamics and human nature, and in the phenomenon of antisemitism.
In this course, 50 leading scholars from all over the world will explore questions and issues relating to anti-Semitism. will examine different periods and societies, exploring the development of antisemitism as well as its changing nature over time, place and culture.
- Duration: 6 weeks
- Commitment: 3 hours per week
- Subject: History
- Institution: Yad Vashem
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Session: Available now
- Requirement: None
- Certificate Available: Yes
Who Developed the Course
As the Jewish people’s living memorial to the Holocaust, Yad Vashem safeguards the memory of the past and imparts its meaning for future generations.
This course, designed by Yad Vashem – The World Holocaust Remembrance Center, is for anyone with an interest in history, in social dynamics and human nature, and in the phenomenon of antisemitism.
Where Could This Lead You
After completing this course, you can apply for jobs in the given fields:
Get Extra Benefits
Get a verified certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you acquire ($49)
- Official and approved-Get a certificate with the logo of the institution and the signature of a professor to show your achievements and increase your professional prospects
- Easy to share-Add the certificate to your résumé or resume, or publish it directly on LinkedIn
- Proven motivational measure-Give yourself an additional stimulus to complete the course
How to Join This Course
- You can register yourself here.
- You can use the hashtag #FLantisemitism to talk about this course on social media.
You will cover the following topics in this 6 weeks course:
- The nature of hate
- The perception of the “other” in the Greco-Roman world
- The advent of Christianity and its effect on the history of antisemitism
- The Middle Ages and anti-Jewish discourse, libels and violence
- The ideologies and revolutions of the Modern Period and their impact on the development of antisemitism
- Nazi ideology and the Holocaust
- Antisemitism in the Far-right and Far-left
- Holocaust Denial
- Anti-Zionism and antisemitism
- The case of the Islamic and Arab world
- Online Hate
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
- Discuss what antisemitism is and what is unique about it
- Identify antisemitic language and actions in the past and in the present
- Explain the historical and ideological roots of antisemitism and how it has developed
- Identify different types of antisemitism presented in the course and explain the differences, commonalities and dynamics between them
- Discuss the characteristics of antisemitism today
- Distinguish between antisemitism and legitimate criticism of the State of Israel
Who Will You Learn With?
- Yossi Kugler: Project manager, content developer, and educator at the E-Learning Department at Yad Vashem’s International School for Holocaust Studies
- Dafna Dolinko: Content developer and educator at the E-Learning Department at Yad Vashem’s International School for Holocaust Studies
- Dmitry Kolotilenko: Content developer and educator at the E-Learning Department at Yad Vashem’s International School for Holocaust Studies
- Importance of Course: At the end of the course, you will explore antisemitism, from its roots to its contemporary forms.
- Importance of Certificate: By the Certificate of Achievement you will be able to prove your success when applying for jobs or courses. You can display it on your LinkedIn or CV.
For more information about the course, you may visit the Website.Apply Now