Institution: HEC Paris
Start Date: April 23, 2018
The HEC Paris is providing a free online course named as “Anticipating Your Next Battle, in Business and Beyond”. This course is designed for all kinds of decision-makers who look to think more strategically about their position.
In this course, you will learn how to better anticipate the future, and reinvent yourself and your activity accordingly. The course will also discuss very practical examples, ranging from a discussion on choosing the best outfit for a walk in the countryside. The course will start on April 23, 2018.
- Duration: 4 weeks
- Commitment: 4 weeks of study, 3-5 hours/week
- Subject: Business
- Institution: HEC Paris
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Session: Starts on April 23, 2018
- Requirement: None
- Certificate Available: Yes
Who Developed the Course
HEC Paris, founded in 1881 by the Paris Chamber of Commerce and Industry, is one of France’s oldest elite higher education Grandes Ecoles.
This course is designed for all kinds of decision-makers who look to think more strategically about their position & seek to improve it will find this course useful to think about the future constructively.
Where Could This Lead You
After completing this course, you can apply for jobs in the given fields:
Get Extra Benefits
If you pay $59 USD for this course,
- You will have access to all of the features and content you need to earn a Course Certificate.
- If you complete the course successfully, your electronic Certificate will be added to your Accomplishments page – from there, you can print your Certificate or add it to your LinkedIn profile.
- Note that the Course Certificate does not represent official academic credit from the partner institution offering the course.
How to Join This Course
You can register yourself here.
- WEEK 1
Taking a Deep Dive Into the Future: This module will introduce you to the overall theme of the MOOC and to the significance of forward thinking.
- WEEK 2
Drawing the Map of the Future: This module will introduce you to the basic tools you need to master in order to identify the forces shaping the future. In particular, you will familiarize yourself with the basics of horizon scanning, historical analysis, feedback, microeconomic analysis and cultural analysis.
- WEEK 3
Don’t Let Risk and Uncertainty Impress You: After having thought about the forces shaping the future, it is time to think about what is not fixed in the landscape, what is not pre-determined, what is unknown. This module introduces the concepts of uncertainty and risk.
- WEEK 4
Becoming a Game-Changer: It is about time we consider the implications this has for you — because remember, a true leader is not only an effective analyst and manager but also an individual able to act upon information and ability to make a true difference in the landscape.
After completing the course you will able to…
- Identify the new ideas, the new business model and the new products that will help you remain relevant in the future.
Who Will You Learn With?
- Jeremy Ghez: Affiliate Professor at HEC Paris
- Importance of Course: By the end of the course, you’ll be able to account for the broader context and the possible convergence of long-term trends.
- Importance of Certificate: By the Certificate of Achievement you will be able to prove your success when applying for jobs or courses. You can display it on your LinkedIn or CV.
For more information about the course, you may visit the Website.Apply Now