Institution: Delft University of Technology
Start Date: At your own pace
The Delft University of Technology is happy to announce its free online course entitled “An Introduction to Credit Risk Management”. Applicants should have basic knowledge of the financial vocabulary to apply for this course.
This course offers you an introduction to credit risk modeling and hedging. The course will approach credit risk from the point of view of banks, but most of the tools and models you will overview can be beneficial at the corporate level as well.
- Duration: 7 weeks
- Commitment: 6 to 7 hours per week
- Subject: Business Administration
- Institution: Delft University of Technology
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Session: At your own pace
- Requirement: Basic knowledge of the financial vocabulary
- Certificate Available: Yes
Who Developed the Course
The Delft University of Technology is the largest and oldest technological university in the Netherlands. The University encourages students to be independent thinkers or they will become capable of solving complex problems.
- Introductory courses in Statistics and Probability
- Basic knowledge of the financial vocabulary.
Where Could This Lead You
After completing this course, you can apply for jobs in the given fields:
Get Extra Benefits
Get a verified certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you acquire (₹ 3626 INR)
- Official and approved-Get a certificate with the logo of the institution and the signature of a professor to show your achievements and increase your professional prospects
- Easy to share-Add the certificate to your résumé or resume, or publish it directly on LinkedIn
- Proven motivational measure-Give yourself an additional stimulus to complete the course
How to Join This Course
You can register yourself here.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
- The definition and the implications of credit risk for banks and other financial institutions
- The most recent risk regulations for banks: Basel II and Basel III
- How to critically use basic measures of risk like Value-at-Risk and Expected Shortfall: computation and interpretation
- The definition and the use of credit ratings
- How to define the probability of default of a counterparty
- Important credit risk models like Merton’s model, the Moody’s KMV model, CreditMetrics™ and Credit Risk Plus™
- The basics of Credit Default Swaps (CDS)
- What stress-testing is and why it is useful
Who Will You Learn With?
Pasquale Cirillo: Assistant Professor, Applied Probability, Applied Mathematics, Delft University of Technology
- Importance of Course: At the end of the course, you will be able to understand and correctly use the basic tools of credit risk management, both from a theoretical and, most of all, a practical point of view. For each methodology,
- Importance of Certificate: By the Certificate of Achievement you will be able to prove your success when applying for jobs or courses. You can display it on your LinkedIn or CV.
For more information about the course, you may visit the Website.Apply Now