Institution: Microsoft Corporation
Start Date: January 1, 2018
Microsoft is glad to announce you a free online course named as “Algorithms and Data Structures in C#”. In this course, you will learn how programming languages make use of various data structures to hold this information. You will also learn how C# provides a plethora of data structures from simple arrays to more complex structures that permit the use of “typing”. Generics is a concept that C# uses to allow the representation of objects in your data structures to apply “typing”, making it easier to work with specific data types. This course will starts on January 1, 2018.
- Duration: 3 weeks
- Commitment: 3 to 5 hours per week
- Subject: Computer Science
- Institution: Microsoft Corporation
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Session: Starts on January 1, 2018
- Requirement: Anyone
- Certificate Available: Yes
Who Developed the Course
- About University: Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company headquartered in Redmond, Washington, that develops, manufactures, licenses, supports and sells computer software, consumer electronics, and personal computers and services.
- Mission of University: Microsoft Corporation’s mission is “to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more”.
Introduction to C# Object-Oriented Programming in C#
Where Could This Lead You
- Importance of the Subject in Today’s Scenario: Some formal design methods and programming languages emphasize data structures, rather than algorithms, as the key organizing factor in software design. Data structures can be used to organize the storage and retrieval of information stored in both main memory and secondary memory.
- Your Career Option: There are lots of interesting career options you can consider after completing the course:
- Software Developer Engineer III
- Python developer – Text Analytics
- Lead AWS Developer
Get Extra Benefits
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain ($99USD)
- Official and Verified: Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution’s logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
- Easily Shareable:Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
- Proven Motivator: Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
How to Join This Course
You should register yourself through the given link of join this free online course: https://courses.edx.org/register
At the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- C# simple and complex data structures
- How to implement the various data structures in C#
- How to implement sort and search algorithms in C#
Who Will You Learn With
Gerry O’Brien: Gerry O’Brien is a Senior Content Development Manager at Microsoft Learning with a focus on software development and database platforms. He has over 18 years of industry experience in various roles including software development, consulting, and training.
You can refer these books:
- Algorithms + Data Structures = Programs by Niklaus Wirth
- Data Structures and Algorithm Analysis in C++ by Mark Allen Weiss
- Data Structures & Algorithms in Java by Robert Lafore
- Importance of Course: After completing the course you will understand the core concepts of data structures and algorithms in C# including how common algorithms work for sorting and searching. Data structures form a major part of applications and understanding how to use them is critical.
- Importance of Certificate: By the Certificate of Achievement you will be able to prove your success when applying for jobs or courses. You can display it on your LinkedIn or CV.
For more information about the course, you may visit the given link:Apply Now