Institution: Indian Institute of Management
Start Date: January 4, 2018
Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore is glad to announce you “Accounting for Decision-Making”. In this finance course, you will learn how to read and understand financial statements. You will learn all relevant and important terms as they relate to the three financial statements – balance sheet, income statement and cash flow statement. Subsequently, you will develop the capability to analyze business performance through financial statements. You will see how the performance of any organization is impacted by four fundamental drivers of profitability – asset management, cost management, leverage management and tax management. This course will start on January 4, 2018.
- Duration: 7 weeks
- Commitment: 4-5 hours per week
- Subject: Business & Management
- Institution: Indian Institute of Management
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Session: Starts on January 4, 2018
- Requirement: Anyone
- Certificate Available: Yes
Who Developed the Course
- About University: Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore Established in 1973, the Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore is one of the top management schools in India. They build leaders through holistic, transformative and innovative education. They are known for excellence in both teaching and research, and our alumni are leaders in business, government and civil society across the globe.
- Mission of University: Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore efforts for strengthening our research and teaching has paid handsome dividends by enhancing our international reputation. Our PGP, Executive PGP, and executive programmers are all very highly placed in global rankings by the Financial Times.
An overall understanding of the business environment is required.
Where Could This Lead You
- Importance of the Subject in Today’s Scenario: Accountancy can support the decision making process and management activity. The objective of an accounting system is to provide financial information concerning the studied company. The information concerns the financial situation and the performance of a company and there is intended for the users to taking decisions.
- Your Career Option: There are lots of interesting career options you can consider after completing the course:
- Operations Analyst
- Accounts Payable & AR
- Finance SPOC
- Accounts Executive
- Finance & Accounts Executive
- Accounts Officer
- Finance & Accounts
Get Extra Benefits
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain ($150USD)
- Official and Verified: Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution’s logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
- Easily Shareable: Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
- Proven Motivator: Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
How to Join This Course
You should register yourself through the given link to join this free online course: https://courses.edx.org/register
At the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- Read and understand financial statements
- Financial statement analysis
- How to use accounting information to plan and control your business and make decisions
Who Will You Learn With
MS Narasimhan: Professor MS Narasimhan teaches courses on Management Accounting, Financial Accounting, Corporate Finance, and Investments. His areas of interest include Management Accounting, Corporate Finance, and Capital Markets. He is a member of the Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India. He has also completed a study on Corporate Disclosure Practices in India, sponsored under the FIRE project. He has published several articles and research studies in national and international journals and financial newspapers.
You can refer these books:
- Financial statement analysis
- Cost management
- Financial Management
- Importance of Course: After completing the course you will understand how to read and interpret financial statements and manage costs to make informed business decisions. Successfully completing this course will transform you into a manager who is confident while discussing and handling accounting and financial matters in the workplace, and help you as you move forward in your managerial career and take on senior roles.
- Importance of Certificate: By the Certificate of Achievement you will be able to prove your success when applying for jobs or courses. You can display it on your LinkedIn or CV.
- For more information about the course, you may visit the given link: