Institution: IIT Bombay
Start Date: July 20, 2018
Applications are open for the new free online course named as “3D Modeling from Architectural Drawings”, offered by IIT Bombay. Architectural visualization helps architects and designers to work collaboratively and communicate ideas more.
This course, regardless of your industry background, will share basic concepts of Architectural Visualization. The course will use Blender (free and open source tool) to demonstrate the concepts explained in the course. The course is going to start on July 20, 2018.
- Duration: 4 weeks
- Commitment: 4 to 6 hours per week
- Subject: Architecture
- Institution: IIT Bombay
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Session: July 20, 2018
- Requirement: Basic knowledge of using Blender 3D tool
- Certificate Available: Yes
Who Developed the Course
IIT Bombay, established in 1958, has emerged as a leading Institute in India. It is globally recognized for its quality education and strong research programs. Admissions are made through national competitive entrance examinations, considered to be the toughest in India.
Applicants should have basic knowledge of using Blender 3D tool, covered in Professional certificate program ” Fundamentals of 3D Visualization “, would be beneficial in this course.
Where Could This Lead You
After completing this course, you can apply for jobs in the given fields:
Get Extra Benefits
Get a verified certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you acquire (₹ 3365 INR)
- Official and approved-Get a certificate with the logo of the institution and the signature of a professor to show your achievements and increase your professional prospects
- Easy to share-Add the certificate to your résumé or resume, or publish it directly on LinkedIn
- Proven motivational measure-Give yourself an additional stimulus to complete the course
How to Join This Course
You can register yourself here.
Chapter 1: Understanding Architectural basics
Introduction to types of drawings and their application. Also an introduction to the concepts of units and scale.
Chapter 2: Creating the basic interior scene
- To create primary structure
- To build a basic interior scene with given props
Chapter 3: Using utilities for efficient production
- To understand processes for the importing of the technical drawings or images
- To learn to use libraries
Chapter 4: Mini Project
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
- Create a primary structure using 2D drawings
- Evaluate proportions and scale using basic 3D modeling
- Understanding production challenges
- Importing data locally or from CAD software
Who Will You Learn With?
- Sameer Sahasrabudhe: Senior Research Scientist, IIT Bombay
- Kavita Narvekar: Founder Beehive 3D Works
- Importance of Course: At the end of the course, you will able to understand how to visualize 2D Architectural drawings into 3D.
- Importance of Certificate: By the Certificate of Achievement you will be able to prove your success when applying for jobs or courses. You can display it on your LinkedIn or CV.
For more information about the course, you may visit the Website.Apply Now