Institution: Babson College
Start Date: At your own pace
Do you avoid conversations with your finance leaders because you are not confident of your financial ability? Then you have a chance to develop your financial ability through this “Financial Accounting Made Fun: Eliminating Your Fears” free online course. This course is developed by the Babson College. The course is available for anyone. In this finance course, you will learn how to interpret and use the information contained in financial statements to make key operating decisions, business performance, and to create forecasts of profits and cash flow. You can join this course at your own pace.
- Duration: 4 weeks
- Commitment:4-6 hours per week
- Subject: Business Administration
- Institution: Babson College
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Session: At your own pace
- Requirement: None
- Certificate Available: Yes
Who Developed the Course
- About University: Babson College is a private business school in Wellesley, Massachusetts, established in 1919. Its central focus is on entrepreneurship education, and it is often ranked the most prestigious entrepreneurship college in the United States.
- The mission of University: The mission of the Babson College is to educate entrepreneurial leaders who create great economic and social value—everywhere.
- No specific knowledge or education background is assumed for the free online course. Anyone can apply for this course.
Where Could This Lead You
- Importance of the Subject in Today’s Scenario: Accounting is the most important part of any successful business. It records all profits, losses, credits, and debts. It tells you the state of the business in numbers, not words.
- Your Career Option: After successfully completing the course you can build your career in the following:
- Financial Associate
- Financial Analyst
- Chief Financial Officer
- Financial Controller
Get Extra Benefits
Get a verified certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you acquire ($ 49 USD)
- Official and approved- Get a certificate with the logo of the institution and the signature of a professor to show your achievements and increase your professional prospects.
- Easy to share- Add the certificate to your résumé or resume, or publish it directly on LinkedIn.
- Proven motivational measure- Give yourself an additional stimulus to complete the course.
How to Join This Course
You should register yourself through the given link of join this free online course:
Week 1: Balance Sheet and Transaction Analysis
- Why do we need financial statements? What purpose do they serve?
- What kind of information is contained in the balance sheet?
- How are day-to-day operating decisions captured and recorded?
- How are you start-up activities (eg, raising capital, investing in your business) reflected in the financial statements?
Week 2: Income Statement and Cash Flows
- How do sales and operating expenses impact earnings and cash flow?
- What is the early warning sign that my business may run out of cash?
- Is all growth the same? What is the difference between good growth and bad growth?
Week 3: Ratio Analysis
- What are the key ratios for evaluating profitability return on investment, and liquidity or solvency?
- How well is my business performing? How are my competitors doing?
- How do different strategies and business models reveal themselves in the financial statements?
Week 4: Forecasting
- How do I translate my growth plans into a forecast of profits and cash flow?
- How can a forecast help me manage my business more effectively?
- What do potential investors or creditors look for in a forecast?
At the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- How primary financial statements are constructed and what types of information are captured in each statement.
- How can cash and profits differ and how to use that information to effectively manage growth.
- How to calculate key performance ratios and use those metrics to evaluate the performance of your business.
- How to create a financial forecast that you can use to better manage your business and to present to potential investors and creditors.
Who Will You Learn With
- Peter Wilson- Peter Wilson currently serves on the faculty of Babson College where he teaches courses in financial reporting and financial statement analysis in the Accounting and Law Division.
You can refer these books:
- Financial Accounting for Dummies by Maire Loughran.
- Financial Accounting Tools for Business Decision Making by Kimmel/Weygandt/Kieso.
- Business Accounting: Multiple-choice, Question Book.
- Financial Accounting: IFRS by Donald Kieso, Jerry J. Weygandt, and Paul D Kimmel, D., CPA.
- Importance of Course: By the end of the course, you will become a much more confident user of financial information and will be able to effectively engage with your finance leaders.
- Importance of Certificate: By the Certificate of Achievement you will be able to prove your success when applying for jobs or courses. You can display it on your LinkedIn or CV.
For more information about the course, you may visit the given link: