Institution: University of Copenhagen
Start Date: March 5, 2018
The University of Copenhagen is introducing a free online course is available named as ‘Bacteria and Chronic Infections’. No specific knowledge or education background is assumed for this course. This course will give you an introduction to bacteria and chronic infections. The starting date of the course is March 5, 2018.
- Duration: 6 Weeks
- Commitment: 2-3 hours/week
- Subject: Health & Medicine
- Institution: University of Copenhagen
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Session: Starts on March 5, 2018
- Requirement: None
- Certificate Available: Yes
Who Developed the Course
- About University: The University of Copenhagen is the oldest university and research institution in Denmark. The university has 23,473 undergraduate students, 17,398 postgraduate students, 2,968 doctoral students and over 9,000 employees.
- The mission of University: The University of Copenhagen maintains and funds the Arctic Station in order to promote Arctic research and university level education within all aspects of environmental science.
- No specific knowledge or education background is assumed for the free online course. Anyone can apply for this course.
Where Could This Lead You
- Importance of the Subject in Today’s Scenario: The study of this subject serves as an update on Bacteria and Chronic Infections and makes you familiar with the fundamental concepts of microbiology and bacteriology such as single cell bacteria, biofilm formation, and acute and chronic infections.
- Your Career Option: If you’re wondering what your future could look like in this area, here are some potential careers you could head towards Laboratory Technician. Mention some career points
- Lab Technician
- Medical Laboratory Technician (Microbiology)
Get Extra Benefits
Upgrade the course with ₹1,836 and you will gain:
- If you pay for this course, you will have access to all of the features and content you need to earn a Course Certificate.
- If you complete the course successfully, your electronic Certificate will be added to your Accomplishments page – from there, you can print your Certificate or add it to your LinkedIn profile.
- Note that the Course Certificate does not represent official academic credit from the partner institution offering the course.
How to Join This Course
You should register yourself through the given link of join this free online course:
- Week 1: Introduction to Bacteria and Infections
Welcome to the course. During this first module, you will be introduced to bacteria and infections in general, including the difference between planktonic and biofilm growing bacteria.
- Week 2: Properties of Biofilms and Chronic Infections
During this module, you will learn about the specific properties of biofilms and chronic infections.
- Week 3: Bacteria and biofilms as natural inhabitants of our body
This module deals with Bacteria and biofilms as natural inhabitants of our body, and in the forums, we will be discussing their role in our health.
- Week 4: Bacteria and biofilms in chronic infections
In This module, you will learn types of chronic infections and how biofilms are related to them
- Week 5: Diagnosis and treatment of chronic infections
During this module, you will learn about the difficulties of diagnosing and treating chronic infections.
- Week 6: The evolutionary perspectives of biofilms
In this module, you will learn about the evolutionary aspects of biofilms. You will hear about how bacteria adapt to chronic infections and how bacteria can cooperate or fight each other.
At the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- Learn about the specific properties of biofilms and chronic infections.
- Learn about the difficulties of diagnosing and treating chronic infections.
- Learn about the evolutionary aspects of biofilms.
Who Will You Learn With
- Thomas Bjarnsholt: Professor at Costerton Biofilm his research focuses on biofilm formation and the role of bacterial biofilm in chronic infections.
You can refer these books:
- Bacterial Infections of Humans: Epidemiology and Control by Philip S. Brachman
- Importance of Course: Throughout the course leading experts in the field will make you familiar with the fundamental concepts of microbiology and bacteriology such as single cell bacteria, biofilm formation, and acute and chronic infections.
- Importance of Certificate: By the Certificate of Achievement you will be able to prove your success when applying for jobs or courses. You can display it on your LinkedIn or CV.
For more information about the course, you may visit the given link: