Institution: Microsoft Corporation
Start Date: January 1, 2018
The Microsoft Corporation offers you a free online course named as “Asynchronous Programming in C# and .NET Core”. This course introduces the concepts related to asynchronous programming with C# and the techniques for applying those concepts. Students are provided with a combination of text- and video-based instructional materials, as well as a series of hands-on lab activities, to learn skills that they can apply to enterprise software development. This course focuses on real-world applications of this programming style, and it presents common use cases where asynchronous programming is most effective. This course will start on January 1, 2018.
- Duration: 4 weeks
- Commitment: 2-4 hours per week
- Subject: Computer Science
- Institution: Microsoft Corporation
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Session: Starts on January 1, 2018
- Requirement: Anyone
- Certificate Available: Yes
Who Developed the Course
- About University: Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company headquartered in Redmond, Washington, that develops, manufactures, licenses supports and sells computer software, consumer electronics, and personal computers and services.Microsoft Corporation’s success as a global computer technology company is founded on the fulfillment of its mission statement and vision statement.
- Mission of University: Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.This mission statement reflects the company’s vision statement on its computer technology and software business.Microsoft Corporation’s vision statement is “to help individuals and businesses realize their full potential.
- Basics of the C# Programming Language
- Object-Oriented Programming
Where Could This Lead You
- Importance of the Subject in Today’s Scenario: .NET Core is a cross-platform, open source, and modular .NET platform for creating modern web apps, microservices, libraries and console applications. This release includes the .NET Core runtime, libraries and tools and the ASP.NET Core libraries.
- Your Career Option: There are lots of interesting career options you can consider after completing the course:
- Azure .NET Developer_4
- Software Developer
- C# WPF
- Net 4
- .NET Software Engineers
Get Extra Benefits
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain ($99USD)
- Official and Verified: Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution’s logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
- Easily Shareable: Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
- Proven Motivator: Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
How to Join This Course
You should register yourself through the given link to join this free online course: https://courses.edx.org/register
At the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- What is Asynchronous Programming
- .NET Framework built-in Asynchronous Methods
- Creating Asynchronous Methods
- Understanding how an Asynchronous Method work
- Multithreading in C# and.Net Core
- Write parallel code with Tasks
- Write parallel code for C#’s Parallel class
- Async Return Types and Parameters
- Dealing with Async exceptions
- Testing Asynchronous Code
Who Will You Learn With
- Marwa Hussein: Marwa Hussein is a Content Developer at Microsoft. Marwa has worked in Microsoft as a software developer for about 4 years before she switched her focuses to the education track at Microsoft.
- Rob Collins: Rob Collins is the founder and lead consultant at RCP Consultants. He has been working with C# and the .NET Framework since its initial release more than fifteen years ago. He has been delivering software for enterprise customers, the mass market retail chain, mid-market companies, and startups for more than twenty years.
- Daren May: Daren May is the President and founder of CustomMayd— a company that specializes in designing and building developer training and next-level digital experiences. Daren is a Windows Development MVP and has written and presented many training courses including Microsoft Virtual Academy videos.
You can refer these books:
- Pro ASP.NET Core MVC by Adam Freeman
- NET Core and Angular 2 by Valerio De Sanctis
- Professional C# 6 and .NET Core 1.0 by Christian Nagel
- C# 6 and .NET Core 1.0: Modern Cross-Platform Development by Mark Price
- NET Core 1.0 High Performance by James Singleton
- Importance of Course: After completing the course you will understand best practices of Asynchronous programming as you work through real-world applications and common use cases of this programming style.
- Importance of Certificate: By the Certificate of Achievement you will be able to prove your success when applying for jobs or courses. You can display it on your LinkedIn or CV.
For more information about the course, you may visit the given link:Apply Now