Institution: Delft University of Technology
Start Date: Self-Paced
The Delft University of Technology (TU Delft) is offering a new free online course on “Introduction to Aeronautical Engineering”. This course provides an introduction to the fundamentals of aeronautics, using a tour through the history of flight, starting with ballooning and continuing on to airplanes and helicopters.
In this course, you will learn for instance how the shape of an airfoil or wing impacts the amount of lift generated. Block three covers flight mechanics, including various flight phases, such as descending, climbing or cruise, and the most optimal flying conditions for each phase. The course is self-paced.
- Duration: 7 weeks
- Commitment: 10 to 12 hours per week
- Subject: Engineering
- Institution: Delft University of Technology (TU Delft)
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Session: Self-Paced
- Requirement: High school level mathematics & physics
- Certificate Available: Yes
Who Developed the Course
The Delft University of Technology (TU Delft)is the largest and oldest technological university in the Netherlands. With eight faculties and numerous research institutes.
Applicants must have high school level mathematics & physics for this course.
Where Could This Lead You
Your Career Option: If you’re wondering in this area and want to build your career in the field, then after completing this course successfully you may choose one of the following:
- Engineer-Technical Publications
- Trainee Engineer for Aeronautical Engineers
Get Extra Benefits
The learners can pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain (₹3378 INR). Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn. Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution’s logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects.
How to Join This Course
To join for the course, you may enroll here.
- A general introduction to aeronautics
- Detailed knowledge of aerodynamics
- A specific understanding of flight performance
Who Will You Learn With
- Jacco M. Hoekstra: Professor CNS/ATM (Communication, Navigation, and Surveillance/Air Traffic Management) at Delft University of Technology
- Jos Sinke: Assistant Professor at the Department of Aerospace Structures and Materials of the Faculty of Aerospace Engineering of TU Delft
- NandoTimmer: Lecturer and research engineer at the Department of Aerodynamics, Wind Energy and Flight Mechanics & Propulsion at the Faculty of Aerospace Engineering of TUDelft
- Mark Voskuijl: Assistant Professor in Flight Mechanics and Propulsion at Delft University of Technology
- Importance of Course: In this course, applicants will discover the fascinating world of aviation by investigating aeronautics, aerodynamics and flight mechanics. The course also incorporates (design) challenges/competitions, based on the knowledge obtained through the lectures.
- Importance of Certificate: You can get a verified certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain. You can prove your success when applying for jobs or courses and display on your LinkedIn or CV.
For more information about the course, you can check the Website.Apply Now