Searching for distance learning scholarships? Good News! Here you have an excellent opportunity to apply for the Global Online Learning International Scholarships offered by the University of Edinburgh. Up to twelve scholarships are open for all international students in session 2020-2021.
The University offers these grants for those skilled candidates who will commence in the postgraduate degree coursework at the University. The scholarship will cover full tuition fees and will be tenable for the normal duration of the programme of study.
University of Edinburgh
The University of Edinburgh is the sixth oldest University in the English-speaking world. It has around 300 student exchange partners in nearly 40 countries worldwide, including exchange programs. It offers online education in various fields. It is ranked 20th in the world by the 2020 QS World University Rankings.
Angola, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Dem Rep, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, The, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Kiribati, Korea, Dem Rep, Lao PDR, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Niger, Rwanda, São Tomé and Principe, Senegal,vSierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Yemen, Rep, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
To be eligible for this educational program, candidates are required to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Applicants should already have been offered a place at the University of Edinburgh and should have firmly accepted that offer or be intending to do so.
- The scholarship will be awarded broadly based on academic merit.
- Candidates must have, or expect to obtain, a UK first-class or 2:1 Honours degree at undergraduate level or the international equivalent.
Acceptable Course and Subject
The University offers these grants for studying the postgraduate degree coursework in the following fields:
- Communications & Media Studies
Benefits of the Programs
The scholarship will be awarded as follows:
- Up to twelve Masters scholarships are open.
- Each scholarship will cover full tuition fees.
- The scholarship will be tenable for the normal duration of the programme of study.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
For applying to theses studentships, candidates are needed to follow this application procedure:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
After taking admission, candidates can apply for the scholarship. The online scholarship application form is located in EUCLID and can be accessed via MyEd web-based information portal at the given link.
Note: following the submission of an application for admission, it can take up to five working days for all system checks to be completed and for access to be granted.
Step 2: Submit required documents
- Full transcripts and other documentation relevant to the qualification type
- High school degree certificate
- Transcripts of the previous school (only if requested)
- Post-secondary transcript
- Official test scores
- Resume/curriculum vitae
- For applying to the postgraduate degree, you are needed to hold their bachelor degree certificates.
- If English isn’t your first language, you will need to meet the English language requirements to study with us.
- You can also check other entry requirements of the University.
If you are a non-EU/EEA/Swiss national, and you will come to the UK to study a full-time programme for more than six months, or extending your stay to complete your studies, you will need to apply for a Tier 4 visa. Please check the information about the different types of student visas and the visa application process.
Application Deadline: June 1, 2020
Contact email or phone number: [email protected] or +44 131 650 4296
Candidates can also contact the University via its online form.
Postal Address: 59-60 George Square