Institution: DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service)
DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) is inviting applicants for its Master’s Scholarships. These scholarships are open for applicants of Africa, Latin-America, South Asia and Southeast Asia, Central Asia, from countries in the Middle East as well as from Ukraine.
The aim of the scholarships is to promote democracy and social justice in applicants home countries.
The DAAD supports over 100,000 German and international students und researchers around the globe each year – making it the world’s largest funding organization of its kind.
These scholarships are available for Master courses at a German institution of higher education.
These scholarships are provided in disciplines that are of special relevance for the social, political and economic development of applicant’s home country.
DAAD pays a monthly scholarship rate of currently 850 €. The scholarship also includes contributions to health insurance in Germany. In addition, DAAD grants an appropriate travel allowance and a study and research subsidy as well as rent subsidies and/or allowances for spouses and/or children where applicable. DAADscholarship holders within the Helmut-Schmidt-Programme are 2 exempted from tuition fees.
Applicants of Africa, Latin-America, South Asia and Southeast Asia, Central Asia, from countries in the Middle East as well as from Ukraine can apply for these scholarships.
Scholarship can be taken in
Eligibility for the Scholarship
The scholarship scheme is open to graduates in the field of social sciences, political sciences, law, economics and in public administration.
English Language Requirements
For Master courses taught in German or in German and English, good knowledge of German (ideally at completed A 2 level at the time of application) is an advantage for being able to pass the German language test required for admission to the Master programme at the end of the six-month preparatory German course. For courses taught in English, proof of good knowledge of English is required.
Applications have to be submitted in German or English. Please indicate that you are applying for the DAAD Helmut-SchmidtProgramme (Master’s scholarships for Public Policy and good governance).
- DAAD application form for research grants and study scholarships (please fill in electronically and not written by hand)
- Hand-signed Motivation letter with current date containing a precise description of the applicant’s academic/professional and personal reasons for choosing this scholarship programme and the universities, two pages maximum
- Hand-signed full curriculum vitae with current date including information about precise field of study and, if applicable, description of job experience Copies of acquired university degrees (an explanation of the grading system has to be attached)
- Copies of the transcript of records
- Copy of the school leaving certificate/high school diploma which entitles holders to study at a university in their home country
- Recent language certificates (German and English)
- Two letters of recommendation by university professors and/or current or former employers of recent date, supplemented by signature, official letterhead, stamp (not in a sealed envelope)
The application period at all 8 universities lasts from June 1st – July 31st, each year.Apply Now