Participating in writing contests afford an excellent opportunity to practice new skills, hone your existing writing skills, and bring in income. In addition to this, most contests also offer cash prizes to aspirants and provide a great experience in writing to a specific topic or theme.
Like that only, First Fandom Experience is offering a Cosmos Prize Writing Contest with a top prize $300 to selected and talented writers. Hurry Up!! Take a step toward improving your writing ability and enjoy immense success through participation in this contest.
Scroll down and go through the available details mentioned below. Wish you all the best for your bright future!!
To be eligible for the Cosmos Prize Writing Contest, the candidates must follow the given criteria:
- This contest is open to interested candidates from all around the world.
- There is no entry fee to participate in this contest.
Successful presentations will be:
- Fit with the overall statement of the Cosmos.
- Bring the story to a compelling, significant, inspiring and / or revealed conclusion.
- Capture the way and awareness of science fiction of the 1930s.
- Show authenticity, coherence and strong expressive force.
- Focus on displacing just the last chapter of Cosmos, Chapter 17 – avoid the temptation to rewrite the entire novel.
- Presentations must be sent electronically to [email protected] Text, Microsoft Word or PDF format only. If art is included, a 300-dpi JPG or TIFF file should be provided for the graphical elements. Include your name and email address at a minimum.
- By submitting an entry, you agree to give FFE the right to use your presentation in print and digital form, in whole or in part, for the purpose of promoting FFE and its functions. You retain copyright to your submission and may use it in any other way you choose.
- Prizes will be determined solely by the FFE team.
- A grand prize includes $ 300 in cash, as well as copies of FFE’s publications: Visual History of Science Fiction Functional: A Tour of the 1930s; Complete Science Fiction Digest and Fantasy Magazine, a three-volume set including Cosmos.
- A second prize included $ 100 cash, along with a copy of FFE’s publication: The Visual History of Science Fiction Fandom: A Tour of the 1930s.
- Two third prizes, $ 50 cash each, as well as FFE’s publication: Visual History of Science Fiction Fandom: A Tour of the 1930s.
- The first Fandom Experience will offer prizes, both cash and merchandise, to selected writers who present an alternate version of Chapter 17 of the Cosmos.
Application Deadline: The entries for the contest will be received only by January 15, 2020.