Canada’s Quebec Government has announced nearly $55 million in funding to help in the recruitment and integration of temporary foreign workers in Canada.
Canada’s Quebec province is facing a labour shortage since some time and currently has one of the highest numbers of job vacancies.
What is Temporary Workers Program?
The Temporary Workers Visa Program allows foreign works to work in the Québec province temporarily.
Companies are allowed to address the problem of skill shortage by this program in Canada.
Many of the foreign workers can apply for the permanent residence if they wish to immigrate with to Québec in Canada permanently.
Quebec’s Skill Shortage and Foreign Workers
Quebec is Canada’s largest province and predominantly French-speaking. Although it is called “Europe of North America”, its struggling to get enough skilled workers.
Its economy is highly industrialised and diversified and many international foreign workers immigrate there to fulfil the skill shortage demand in the province.
What Occupations Foreign Workers Can Apply?
- Human Resources Managers (0112)
- Banking, credit and other investment managers (0122)
- Engineering Managers (0211)
- Computer and Information Systems Managers (0213)
- Administrators – Post-secondary Education and Vocational Training (0421)
- Sales, Marketing and Advertising Managers (0611)
- Manufacturing Managers (0911)
- Financial Auditors and Accountants (1111)
- Financial and Investment Analysts (1112)
- Securities agents, investment dealers and brokers (1113)
- Other financial officers (1114)
- Human Resources professionals (1121)
- Professional Occupations in Business Management Consulting (1122)
- Human Resources and Recruitment officers (1223)
- Assessors, Valuators and Appraisers (1314)
- Physicists and Astronomers (2111)
- Geoscientists and Oceanographers (2113)
- Biologists and Related Scientists (2121)
- Civil Engineer (2131)
- Mechanical Engineers (2132)
- Electrical and Electronics Engineers (2133)
- Industrial and Manufacturing Engineers (2141)
- Aerospace Engineers (2146)
- Computer Engineers (Except Software Engineers and Designers) (2147)
- Other Professional Engineers, n.e.c (2148)
- Information Systems Analysts and Consultants (2171)
- Database Analysts and Data Administrators (2172)
- Software Engineers and Designers (2173)
- Computer Programmers and Interactive Media Developers (2174)
- Web Designers and Developers (2175)
- Biological Technologists and Technicians (2211)
- Biological Technologists and Technicians (2221)
- Agricultural and Fish Products Inspectors (2222)
- Civil Engineering Technologists and Technicians (2231)
- Mechanical Engineering Technologists and Technicians (2232)
- Industrial Engineering and Manufacturing Technologists and Technicians (2233)
- Construction Estimators (2234)
- Architectural Technologists and Technicians (2251)
- Industrial Designers (2252)
- Drafting Technologists and Technicians (2253)
- Inspectors in Public and Environmental Health and Occupational health & Safety (2263)
- Construction Inspectors (2264)
- Computer Network Technicians (2281)
- User Support Technicians (2282)
- Systems Testing Technicians (2283)
- Head Nurses and Supervisors (3151)
- Registered Nurses (3152)
- Medical Radiation Technologists (3215)
- Medical Sonographers (3216)
- Opticians (3151)
- Licensed Practical Nurses (3233)
- Other technical occupations in therapy and assessment (3237)
- College and Other Vocational Instructors (4131)
- Psychologists (4151)
- Business Development Officers and Marketing Researchers and Consultants (4163)
- Social Policy Researchers, Consultants and Program Officers (4164)
- Other Professional Occupations in Social Science, n.e.c. (4169)
- Community and Social Service Workers (4212)
- Librarians (5111)
- Archivists (5113)
- Translators, Terminologists and Interpreters (5125)
- Library and Public Archive Technicians (5211)
- Graphic Arts Technicians (5223)
- Graphic Designers and Illustrators (5241)
- Technical Sales Specialists – Wholesale Trade (6221)
- Sales Representatives – Wholesale Trade (Non-Technical) (6411)
- Machinists and Machining and Tooling Inspectors (7231)
- Tool and Die Makers (7232)
- Heavy-duty Equipment Mechanics (7312)
- Machine Fitters (7316)
- Aircraft Mechanics and Aircraft Inspectors (7315)
- Supervisors, food, beverage and associated products processing (9213)
- Supervisors, Plastics and Rubber Products Manufacturing (9214)
- Supervisors, Motor Vehicle Assembling (9221)
- Supervisors, Electronics Manufacturing (9222)
- Supervisors, Electrical Products Manufacturing (9223)
- Supervisors, other Mechanical and Metal Products Manufacturing (9226)
- Supervisors, Other Products Manufacturing and Assembly (9227)
- Chemical Plant Machine Operators (9421)
- Machining Tool Operators (9511)
How New Funding Help’s Foreign Workers and International Students
If you are an international student looking to immigrate, then instead of applying for studying abroad, you can consider applying for jobs directly.
The new funding will help companies recruit new skilled talent from abroad.
Most international students having a degree in the following subjects will be eligible to apply for this kind of visa.
Foreign workers can apply for permanent residence while staying at the Temporary Workers Visa.