If writing poems is a part of your life and now it has become your passion, then give a wing to your passion by applying in this wonderful Brunel International African Poetry Prize competition. The prize is open for African poets, defined as those who were born in Africa.
Brunel University London is conducting the competition and the main purpose behind the competition is to celebrate and encourage poetry from Africa. This will also provide an opportunity for poets to show their talent in front of a large number of audiences.
Who May Consider:
Go through the eligibility criteria given below:
- Poets whose full poetry book is not published yet are eligible, although published poetry books, chapbooks, and brochures are free from this provision.
- Candidates who were born in Africa, or are citizens of Africa, or whose parents are African can apply for the prize.
- Interested candidates must submit at least 10 poems and poem length should not be more than 30 lines.
- Only those candidates who have written poems in English are going to be accepted however, poems translated in English could also be accepted but for this, some percent of the prize will be given to translator.
- Previously published poems will also be included.
- All winners will be needed to provide their profile and a picture at the time of media interviews either through mobile phones or online.
Requirements for poems:
- Poems title and number must be clearly written and there is no rule and regulation for font type and size, candidates are free to choose according to their choice.
- The poems must be created by candidates that must be submitted in the form of a word document, not in the form of PDF.
- Those peoples who have already been taken part in prize can apply again with a new poem.
- Before applying for application all applicants are requested to check above mention details about the program.
- The application process is simple all you need to do is write and submit your poems via email to [email protected].
- Only black ink should be used by candidates and their application will be rejected in case if their file attachment and poems will found within the body of the e-mail.
Application Deadline: The applications are open until 30 November 2019.