The University of Western Australia is now providing you with an opportunity to apply for the Global Excellence International Scholarships. The scholarship is open for studying the undergraduate and postgraduate degree coursework in session 2020-2021.
The University offers this significant scholarship to those to high-achieving students from selected countries, who want to complete their studies in Australia. The studentship will support towards your tuition fee.
University of Western Australia
Established in 1911, the University of Western Australia has generally been ranked either in the bottom half or just outside the worlds top 100 universities. It offers degrees in various subject areas. The University recently attracted more competitive research funding than any other Western Australian university.
The scholarship is open for students from these countries.
- Africa: Botswana, Kenya, Mauritius, South Africa, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
- Europe: Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Kosovo, Lithuania, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, North Macedonia, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Serbia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.
- North America: Canada and the United States of America
- North Asia: China, Hong Kong SAR, Japan, Macau, Mongolia, South Korea and Taiwan.
- Latin America: Argentina, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, French Guiana (département of France), Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela.
- South Asia: Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal and Sri Lanka.
- South-East Asia: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
To be eligible for this educational program, candidates are required to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The applicant must be a citizen of the following listed country above.
- The applicant must have received an offer for an undergraduate or postgraduate course at The University of Western Australia.
- Candidates must have to achieve an equivalent: ATAR of 85.00 – 98.00+; or WAM of 70.00 – 85.00+
Level of Study
The Scholarship is open for studying the Undergraduate and postgraduate degree in the following fields:
- Visual Studies
Benefits of the Programs
The following tuition scholarships will be awarded:
- Each winning candidate will be awarded up to AUD$45,000 for undergraduate studies and up to AUD$30,000 for postgraduate to assist with your tuition fees.
- The value of the Scholarship is determined by the applicant’s equivalent Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) or UWA weighted average mark (WAM).
|Undergraduate Score||Scholarship Value Per Year||Total Scholarship Value|
|ATAR 98.00||AUD$15,000||Up to AUD $45,000|
|ATAR 95.00 – 97.99||AUD$10,000||Up to AUD $30,000|
|ATAR 90.00 – 94.99||AUD$8,000||Up to AUD $24,000|
|ATAR 85.00 – 89.99||AUD$5,000||Up to AUD $15,000|
|Postgraduate Score||Scholarship Value Per Year||Total Scholarship Value|
|WAM 85+||AUD$15,000||Up to AUD$30,000|
|WAM 80.00 – 84.99||AUD$10,000||Up to AUD$20,000|
|WAM 75.00 – 79.99||AUD$8,000||Up to AUD$16,000|
|WAM 70.00 – 74.99||AUD$5,000||Up to AUD$10,000|
How to Apply for the Scholarship
For applying to theses studentships, candidates are needed to follow this application procedure:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
If you are interested in applying to this studentship, then you are demanded to take admission in the undergraduate and postgraduate degree coursework at the University of Western Australia. After being registered, seekers will be automatically considered for this scholarship.
Step 2: Submit required documents
- High school degree certificate transcripts of the current school
- Transcripts of the previous school (only if requested)
- Post-secondary transcript
- Official test scores
- Resume/curriculum vitae
- For an undergraduate degree, you are required to hold their high school degree certificate.
- For a postgraduate degree, you are required to hold an undergraduate degree certificate.
- UWA accepts several overseas secondary education qualifications as satisfying the entry requirements to UWA degrees.
- At UWA, English is the language of instruction and assessment. You will need to meet the English language requirements of the University to be eligible for a place.
As an international student, you’ll need to obtain a visa before travelling to Australia. For a full-time course, you’ll need a student visa that will cover the duration of your program. You can apply for a student visa after you’ve received a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) from the University.
Application deadline: Varies according to the program
Contact email or phone number: [email protected] or +61 8 6488 1000
Postal address: 35 Stirling Hwy, Crawley WA 6009, Australia