The University offers these grants for assisting highly motivated international students to start their educational journey in Australia. The Scholarship is open to all commencing international students enrolled in undergraduate or postgraduate coursework full degree.
University of Sydney
The University of Sydney is an Australian public research university in Sydney, Australia. It consists of 11 individual libraries located across the University’s various campuses. It comprises five faculties and three university schools. The University is regarded as one of the world’s leading universities.
To be eligible for this educational program, candidates are required to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The applicant must be an International student.
- Candidate must have to apply for a CRICOS-registered coursework degree.
- Candidate must have to receive an unconditional offer of admission.
- Applicant must have applied for but not yet commenced a CRICOS-registered bachelor’s degree or master’s by coursework degree, which is delivered face-to-face (not online) in Australia.
- The Scholarship will be awarded based on academic merit as assessed from a student’s application for admission to an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree.
Acceptable Course and Subject
The University offers these grants for studying the undergraduate and postgraduate degree coursework in the following fields:
- Communications & Media Studies
Why Study at the University of Sydney?
While studying at this University, you will get many career opportunities in a variety of subjects. The University provides career counselling services and other resources that’ll enable you to be in the best career position by the end of your degree.
Benefits of the Programs
The Scholarship will be awarded as follow:
- Four scholarship amounts are offered based on a ranking against selection criteria:
- $40,000 payable for one year in two equal instalments per semester
- $20,000 payable for one semester
- $10,000 payable for one semester
- $5,000 payable for one semester
- The availability of some amounts may be limited to specified cohorts.
- The payment will be made after the census date of each semester.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
For applying to theses studentships, candidates are needed to follow this application procedure:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
If you are interested in applying to this studentship, then you are recommended to take admission in the undergraduate and postgraduate degree coursework at the University of Sydney. After being enlisted, you will be automatically considered for this educational award.
Note: Candidates can apply directly to the University or Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) or authorised University of Sydney agent.
Step 2: Submit required documents
- High school degree certificate transcripts of the current school
- Transcripts of the previous school (only if requested)
- Post-secondary transcript
- Official test scores
- Resume/curriculum vitae
- For an undergraduate degree, you are required to hold their high school degree certificate.
- For applying to the postgraduate degree, you are needed to hold their bachelor degree certificates.
- If English isn’t your first language, you will need to meet the English language requirements to study with us.
- Applicant must meet the typical academic qualifications and requirements that we would typically consider.
As an international student, you need to hold a valid Australian visa for the duration of your study in Sydney. There are several different types of visa that might be suitable. Refer to the Australian Government Department of Home Affairs for information.
Application deadline: June 12, 2020
Contact phone number: +61 2 8627 1444
If you are a prospective student and would like to ask about courses or making an application, you can enquire online.
Postal address: The University of Sydney, NSW 2006 Australia