Get financial support to start your academic journey in New Zealand. The University of Waikato is providing you with an opportunity to apply for the International Excellence Scholarship. The studentship is available for the academic year 2020-2021.
The university offers these grants to those brightest candidates who will undertake the undergraduate or postgraduate degree coursework at the university. The studentship will be applied to tuition fees only and is not transferrable.
University of Waikato
The University of Waikato offers degrees in a wide range of subjects. It provides a world-class student experience and helps students to achieve their best future selves. It has an affordable living cost, a wide range of support services, and with dozens of student clubs. It also offers hundreds of scholarships every year for students to help fund study and study-related expenses.
Read More: Why Study in New Zealand?
- North America: USA, Canada
- Latin America: Brazil, Colombia, Mexico, Chile, Ecuador
- Europe: Germany, France, Norway, UK
- East Asia: China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea, Japan
- South Asia: India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Mongolia, Nepal, Pakistan, Maldives.
- South-East: Asia Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam
- Middle East: Jordan, Iran
- Africa: Kenya, South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mauritius
To be a part of this educational program, candidates are required to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The candidate must be a citizen of, or currently studying in, one of the countries listed above.
- The applicant must not currently be enrolled at the university.
- Candidate must not have paid fees at the time of application.
- Aspirants need to be applying to enrol for the first time in either an undergraduate or postgraduate degree1 at the University of Waikato.
- The candidate must not be classified as a domestic student.
- The applicant must have received a conditional or unconditional offer of place from the University of Waikato.
- Seekers are needed to be in the year of tenure and be commencing a full-time programme of study with a total duration of at least 12 months at Waikato.
- Aspirants must not be coming to the University of Waikato via a sponsoring body2.
- Claimants must not be coming to the university on a Guaranteed Credit Arrangement or through a study abroad or student exchange agreement.
- Candidates must have a minimum GPA-equivalency of B+.
Acceptable Course and Subject
The studentship is open for studying the undergraduate and postgraduate degree coursework in the following fields:
Accounting, Adult Learning, Agribusiness, Animal Behavior, Anthropology, Applied Computing, Applied Linguistics, Applied Physics, Aquaculture, Arts Education, Biochemistry, Biological Sciences, Chemical and Biological Engineering, Chemistry, Chinese, Civil Engineering, Coastal Processes, Communication Design, Community Health, Computer Science, Counseling, Counseling Studies, Creative Technologies, Creative Writing, Dance, Data Analytics, Design and others. You can also check other subjects through the given link.
Benefits of the Programs
Each successful candidate will receive the amount worth up to NZD$10,000. It will be applied directly to the recipient’s tuition fees for their chosen programme/s of study either at the time of the offer or once their enrolment is completed.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
To be enlisted in this education program, you are required to follow this application procedure:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
Before applying for this studentship, it’s compulsory for you to take admission in the undergraduate and postgraduate degree coursework at the University of Waikato. You can apply online for the entrance before the deadline. Before applying for the admission, you are suggested to check their undergraduate eligibility and postgraduate eligibility.
Step 2: Apply for Scholarship
After completing the admission process of the university, candidates can have access to apply for Scholarships and Award.
Entry Requirements of the University
- For an undergraduate degree, candidates are needed to provide equivalent entry qualifications for many countries.
- You must have to meet academic entry requirements which depend on which country your previous study was completed in.
- Candidates are needed to hold their high school degree certificates.
- For postgraduate degree, applicants are required to have their bachelor degree certificate.
- English language requirements: If your first language is not English then you are highly demanded to provide the evidence of English language proficiency, generally in the form of an IELTS (academic) or TOEFL examination score.
For studying in New Zealand, you will need a valid visa. You can apply for your visa before you accept your offer and pay your tuition fees. You can apply directly, or if you are using a recruitment agent, they will assist you with the visa application process. Applying online is the most affordable option when applying for your student visa from outside New Zealand.
- Candidates will need to provide a personal statement that sets out the following:
- What are your career goals/aspirations?
- How will international education experience help you to achieve these goals?
- What additional qualities/skills do you have that make you an ideal candidate for this Scholarship and an ambassador for the University of Waikato?
- Birth certificate, passport and permits
- Evidence of citizenship
- Evidence of any change of name (if your name is different from that on your birth certificate)
- A written statement in support of your application.
- Evidence of some previous tertiary study
Scholarship application deadline: Applications for 2020 can be submitted at any time
Contact email: [email protected]
Phone number: +64 7 858 5096
Frequently Asked Question
Question-What is the Selection Process?
Answer- Scholarships will be offered based on academic merit (expected equivalent B+ minimum).
Question-What is the tenure of the Scholarship?
Answer- The tenure of this grant is one year, and it is valid only within 12 months of the dates outlined in the Offer of Place.