Outstanding aspirants from all around the world are invited to apply for the Honjo International Foundation Scholarships to study in Japan. Administered by the University of Tokyo, the program is open for the academic year 2020-2021.
The fund is established for those skilled candidates who will commence in the graduate degree coursework at the University. The grant is open to provide long-term scholarship assistance from high school students to university graduation.
University of Tokyo
The University of Tokyo is one of Japan’s most prestigious universities. It is organized into ten faculties and 15 graduate schools. It is among the top echelon of the select Japanese universities assigned additional funding under the MEXT’s Top Global University Project to enhance Japan’s global educational competitiveness.
To be eligible for this educational program, candidates are required to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Applicant must be an international student.
- Those who are not Japanese nationals.
- The grant is open for privately financed international students who will be enrolled in a graduate school in Japan in fall 2020.
- Those planning to enrol are also applicable.
- Candidates must commit themselves to work in their home country after graduation as well as take part in foundations events and the alumni network.
- Candidates must able to communicate well in Japanese. Interviews will be conducted in Japanese.
Acceptable Course and Subject
The University offers these grants for studying the graduate degree coursework in the following fields:
- Humanities and Sociology
- Law and Politics
- Arts and Sciences
- Agricultural and Life Sciences
- Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Frontier Sciences
- Information Science and Technology
- Interdisciplinary Information Studies
- Public Policy
Read More: Best International Scholarships in Japan
Benefits of the Programs
There are various types of admission scholarships open, which will be awarded as follows:
- Duration of 1-2 year with 200,000 JPY/month
- Duration of 3 years with 180,000 JPY/month
- Duration of 4-5 years with 150,000 JPY/month
Why Study in Japan?
Japan is a world leader in many areas of education including engineering, science, art and design, business and management, law and finance. It offers a world-renowned education system with qualifications that can make a real difference to your future.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
For applying to theses studentships, candidates are needed to follow this application procedure:
Step 1: Apply for Admission
If you are interested in this studentship, then you are recommended to take admission in the graduate degree coursework at the University of Tokyo. For applying to the bachelor degree, seekers are required to submit the course application. Other information can be found on this website.
Step 2: Apply for the scholarship
You are needed to check if you qualify for the application from the application guidelines below. Input necessary information from <Scholarship Web Application System> and upload necessary documents.
After the application is completed, a receipt number will be issued, and the application will be automatically created with the entered information. Save the application file. The announcement will be posted on the website with the acceptance number.
Step 3: Submit required documents
- High school degree certificate
- Transcripts of the current school
- Transcripts of the previous school (only if requested)
- Post-secondary transcript
- Official test scores
- Resume/curriculum vitae
For studying in Japan, you are needed to hold your visa. The University of Tokyo provides visa consulting services for international students and foreign researchers throughout the University in order to respond promptly to questions about visa status.
Those who have previously studied Japanese are required to submit a certificate of Japanese language proficiency. For those other than graduates of colleges and universities and academic degree holders.
It is necessary to submit either a certificate verifying that the student has achieved at least the fourth level of the Japanese Language Proficiency Examination or has completed more than 150 hours of Japanese language study.
Application Deadline: April 30 (Thu), 2020
Contact email or phone number: [email protected] or 04-7136-4561