The business schools in the US are facing a great downfall, which results in good growth in international applications in Europe, Canada and the Asia-Pacific countries. GMAC (Graduate Management Admission Council) has revealed a report in the recent year that shows the drop in American business schools.
As per the report,
- European business schools witnessed international application growth for 56% of the programs. Overall, the increase in the application is 0.9% from 2018-2019.
- The Canadian business schools too witnessed a growth of 8.6% from 2018 to 2019.
- But, unfortunately, this percentage dropped by 13.7% for US business schools.
Reasons the Business Schools in Canada and Europe are Becoming Popular:
While US programs are going through a downfall other business schools in Canada and Europe are enjoying the result. But why students prefer Europe and Canada over the US? The reasons are explained by the students only.
The percentage of applications in most of the programs has been increased. The number went up by 69% in 2019 from 63% in 2017 in the European countries. And this number went up by 30% in 2019 from 28% in 2017 in Canadian business schools.
Why European Business Schools?
- Some students have stated that the strong educational system is the one and top reason to choose Europe.
- Others have stated that it is an international career and nothing else to choose European business schools.
Why Canadian Business Schools?
- Some students have said that the ease of obtaining a work permit is the top reason to choose this country over others.
- However, as per some other students, the ease of obtaining a student visa is the reason to choose Canadian business schools.
- Some other international students stated that the availability of financial assistance, along with safety and physical security is the top reason to choose business schools in Canada.
The Rise of Asia-Pacific Ccountries:
It is not just Europe and Canada reaping the benefits of losing American business schools; rather the Asia-Pacific regions too are enjoying it high. Here is a report of the growth.
- 48% of the Asia-Pacific programs reported an increase in domestic applications.
- 20% of the programs reported a stable application from local students.
- 37% of the programs saw growth in international applications.
- As per the report, 32% of the programs have stable applications from international students.
China and India are the central two countries to attract students from other places. The rise of the Chinese economy and immense opportunity in the East is the main reasons students are coming to this region.
The UK Also Witnessed Rise Despite Brexit:
UK is another place to reap the benefit of loses in US business schools. As per the GMAC reports, most of the UK programs witnessed growth while some are stable. But, fall is not all witnessed.
- Three of four UK MBA programs witnessed 64% growth in the international application, where only 11% were stable.
- Coming to the Master’s program, 59% saw international application growth and 26% received slight increase.